The Missing Avatar

Xiomara

"C'mon, hurry!" Xiomara hissed.

She, her brother, and her aunt were running through hidden alley ways in Republic City.  If there was one thing they had, it was home court advantage. Xiomara had grown up in Republic City, she knew every street and every shortcut. She had also used this route many times to sneak out with boys.

"Jian Mao." She thought bitterly. Truth be told, she didn't really like him that much. See she had just broken up with her boyfriend Neiji when Karia and Genji showed up at her door. Back then Xiomara was super suspicious of the two, with good reason, they had done nothing but lie the entire time. Looking back, the only truthful thing they had said when was Karia introduced herself before stepping in.

She declared she was her cousin (which was technically a lie, since her cousin was her Dad) but also straight out said Genji was the avatar.
How was she supposed to know the avatar she'd grown up watching for her whole life was a fake. Her earliest memory with her best friend Rin was watching the Jian Mao tv show. She used to sit in front of the television to watch him, so when Jian Mao personally approached her at the park, she had to say yes.

How jealous was her ex boyfriend Neiji, and Rin was even bitter. Xiomara loved the attention that came with it, but Jian was little Jerk. She was supposed to be using him to get back at her ex, not him using her for some world changing government coup. Anger surged through her, and made it easy to punch him, but looking back her knuckles hurt.

"How did you find Genji?"  Karia asked.

The three were approaching the docs.

"While waiting for my date with Jian, I saw Genji. Jian was late anyways, and I didn't trust Genji." She blushed a bit.

"I actually uh thought you and Genji were pulling some sort of scam so I followed him. He didn't seem to notice I think he was crying. He went all the way to Katara's statue, but then I saw him sobbing, so I left. But before I did I saw an air bender approach him."

The three halted in front of Katara's statue but Genji was gone.

"Now where is he?" Karia whined.

"Well you did say your plan was to find the air benders, you think Genji went with him?" San asked looking around. Xiomara scanned her surroundings trying to think. They were close to the hospital, and there were a few shops here and there.

"Guys, look at the Telly, somethings wrong." San said gravely.

In the corner there was a small shop that sold televisions and Record Players. Xio couldn't see what her brother was talking about until she read the headline.

"Katara of The Water Tribe announced dead at 9:45 this morning. "

"Oh no." Karia gasped.

"There!" Xiomara pointed distracting the group.

"C'mon we can worry about Katara later, that's how we're going to get to Genji."

The three tuned a saw a small boat.

"Okay air temple island, here we come." San said.