Questions and Answers

One day prior to last chapter

Finally, Genji was home. He looked around and saw his familiar sand hut.

"Mom!" He cried when he saw the women.

She smiled with her arms open. He quickly ran inside embracing her. He felt tears spilling out of his eyes as he apologized.

"Mom I'm so sorry I left, I- I meant to come home, but I was being chased and-"

"Could you please do anything San?"

Genji turned around to see Xiomara scolding her brother who was carrying in groceries.

"Whatever Xo." He replied holding a crate full of fruit.

"'What?" Genji stuttered.
"Why are you guys here?"

Then he heard Karia shriek.

He ran outside.

"Karia?"

But he found her outside laughing with Jian Mao. His blood turned cold.

He marched right up to Jian Mao
"What the hell are you doing here?" He screamed.

Jian offered a perfect smile. Approaching Genji for a hug, before whispering in his ear.

"You didn't think the White Lotus wouldn't be able to find your mom?"

Jian reached out his arm and started to choke him.

"You put everyone in danger. The world already had an avatar, you messed things up."

"You're a fraud." Genji wheezed, but Jian only tightened his grip.

"You should've stayed in the desert, you are a terrible bender and you will never  be the avatar."

Genji felt his eyes closing, around him everything went dark and he couldn't breathe. He quickly opened his eyes and pushed through the surface of the water holding a ring.

"I got it!" He called out.

"Thanks Aang, you're the best!" Suki called from the shore.

"Pshh, I could've done that." Sokka grumbled.

"Actually you couldn't have, you can't water bend."  Toph added.

The boy angrily turned to blind earth bender.

"I KNOW THAT!"

Genji stifled a laugh emerging from the water, the green ring in hand. Suki rushed towards him.

"Thanks a bunch Aang."

She carefully slipped the smooth green ring on her finger. He looked around the beach.

"Hey where's Katara?"

Behind him Sokka gagged and Suki slapped her boyfriend's neck, before sweetly turning to him.

"She already left Aang."

"Oh." He said his shoulder slumping.

"Ah I wouldn't be too worried about it Kid." Lin Beifong said slapping his shoulder.

The scene had shifted and now he was in the police station in Republic city.

"I know but I'm the avatar, it's my job to protect people. I let Amon and his goons get away."