Kai

"In the nicest way possible how is she still alive?"

"Ikki, hush!"

Ikki rolled her eyes smoothing out her dress.

"I'm sorry but Gran Gran is like a 100 years old or something, how is she still here?"

Jinora hesitated before opening the door. They were back in Republic City, on air temple island. Katara had gotten to the point where she couldn't live by herself. She was old and she started seeing things, so Tenzin had her moved to his childhood home, hoping it would help her memory.

"I guess when you're the worlds best healer, your body stays in good condition. I don't know Ikki, but try to be respectful."

The two girls carefully opened the door where their grandma laid on her bed, oddly content.

"Hey Gran Gran" Jinora said carefully.

She didn't respond, just smiled warmly at her. Ikki sat by her side grabbing her hand. Katara took it, tracing a finger along the arrow that went down her hand.

"I spoke to him." She announced.

Ikki shot a warning glance at Jinora who nodded.

"Who Gran Gran?"

Katara just continued to trace the arrow on Ikki's hand.

"I love you two very much, you know that?"

Ikki didn't expect to come here crying but she felt a couple tears well up in her eyes. She nodded. Katara's eyes drifted to the ceiling.

"I just regret.."

She didn't finished her sentence, instead she reached for Jinora's hand.

"I just wish we could all be together. The family I have, with the family I found. But I'll be with him soon."

Jinora shared an even more uneasy glance with her sister.

"With who Gran Gran?"

She didn't answer, but Jinora knew. Katara would talk about Sokka, randomly laughing at jokes she'd "heard" him say. Getting angry about oogies, even when she was alone. Other times she'd get really sad. She'd call for her mother and father, asking them for help. None of them ever answered yet Katara would swear they did. But when she talked about him, she was talking about someone else.

She talked about him all the time, said he left her flowers. She'd say that they just had to wait patiently, that he was in the city council, but that Aang always came back for supper. That he would be back for her.

"Right..."

Ikki dropped her hand and nodded at Jinora. They both hugged their grandma lightly before quietly closing the door. Around them air acolytes rushed around, waiting to check in on Master Katara.

The sisters sat in their living room quietly before Ikki let out a breath.

"Poor Gran Gran, she's really not doing well."

Jinora sadly nodded.
"Its heart breaking to see such a strong woman, loosing her mind..."

Ikki wiped a few tears before looking off out the window. After a few minutes she started again.

"I'd like to think it's real. That's she not making things up, that she's really talking to them. All of them."

It was a nice sentiment, but Jinora knew better.

"She's seeing things again isn't she?" A new voice asked.

The sisters turned to see their uncle Bumi and aunt Kya making their way towards Katara's room. Ikki was going to say hi, but Jinora shushed her and instead they listened and watched.