San's Story

"Stop it San!" Xiomara said elbowing him in the ribs.

"No you stop it Xio." San said elbowing her back.

"Both of stop, or I'll turn this Sato-mobile around." Jai said firmly.

The siblings sighed. At last the car stopped at the dock where thousands of families had come around to receive their loved ones. The massive boat came to a stop as soldiers started spilling out. San and Xiomara eagerly jumped trying to see above the huge crowd. Somewhere in that boat was their mom.

"I don't see her!" Xiomara whined.

"You're too short Xio." San said, although at seven years old he was hardly taller than her.

Fighting, the two didn't notices their mom sneak up behind them.

"MAMA!" Xio shouted jumping into her arms.

"MOM!" San repeated holding onto her other side.

"My babies." Neilan Ottani said hugging them tight. Once she finished she turned and kissed Jai, hugging him tight as well.

On the way home Xio sat on her moms lap while San sat next to her, hugging her arm. He briefly listened to his parents conversation:

"Now that Beifong is done, they're saying Mako is taking over as Head of The Forces."

"Wasn't he inactive in the fire nation?"

"I think it was his brother. And of course the creator herself of the Sato Industry."

San watched him mom purse her lips.

"I understand it. I still miss the days when we had avatar Korra. Bless her heart."

"Neilan it's only been three years since they found Jian Mao. I'm sure he'll grow into a powerful avatar."

Xiomara was now snuggled into her mom's collar and Neilan pat her head.

"Oh I'm sure Jian Mao will become great. He already has helped a lot, the Hami are in check, just the fact that we have an avatar is putting groups on edge-"

Neilan paused looking at San who pretended to be asleep.

"And it's crazy how much safer people feel. I mean the avatars so young, yet it's like the world let out a breath."

Jai grunted.

"I felt as safe as I did fifteen years ago, when we moved to Republic City. Which isn't safe at all, the city never changes."

Neilan kissed the top of San's head .

"These two sure have."
......
San age 14
Xiomara age 13

Xiomara was glued to the television watching the Jian Mao show.

"Xio, you have school in an hour." Ms Ottani reminded. She was making eggs for San who had school in 15 minutes.

"It's not fair that Xiomara's school starts so much later than mine." San said squirting ketchup on his omirice.

"You chose to go to fancy and expensive fire school." Jai said from his recliner.

"Uncle Xen gives us a family discount anyways." San snapped.

"Money is not your concern San." Ms Ottani chided.

"I'm gonna date him someday." Xio said pointing to Jian Mao on the TV, completely ignoring the conversation.

Jai grunted.

"The day you date the avatar is the day I talk to any members of my family in the desert, never."

"Okay well start getting dressed Xio, and San you're gonna miss the train, you have to go now."