Master Katara

After being subsequently threatened by Jian Mao, it was no surprise the night before Jian would supposedly "end" Genji, Genji had yet another dream.

This time Genji was right outside the spirit portal in Republic City. He sat towards the sunset admiring the beautiful sight. Next to him Asami reached for his hand. No it was Jian Mao, no back to Asami, the image kept shifting. The black hair and pale green eyes remained the same, though both of their defined features seemed to flicker. Finally Jian Mao squeezed his hand, but for some reason Genji didn't seem scared.

Jian offered what Genji assumed was a real genuine smile, not the insidious smirk he seemed to wear when resting. All the sudden his grip tightened. Genji had never felt such pain.

"Let go!" He cried.

Jian Mao smiled maliciously and kept on squeezing harder.

"You don't have to die Genji, but you won't ever bend an element again."

Genji watched in horror as his hand fell off. He tried screaming but no sound came out.

"Aang?" A voice whispered.

Genji looked around confused.

"Aang." The sweet voice whispered again.

The more he focused on the voice the less pain he felt in his disassembled hand. Suddenly he felt two hands on his shoulders.

"C'mon let's get out of here." Katara said reaching for his hand.

Miraculously he was able to stick out one pale hand with blue arrows, and together they left Jian Mao.

"What's the rush?" Aang asked joking.

Katara continued to pull him deeper into the small woods behind their house on air temple island. They reached a small clearing with a bench and a makeshift tree house. Aang grabbed her waist and flew her to the top where they sat theyre feet dangling off the edge.

"Remember when Bumi used to play here?" Katara asked casually.

Aang nodded.

"That was before he turned eleven and decided he was too old to pretend to be a pirate. "

"Are you just sad you don't get to play pirates?" Katara teased.

"Well yeah, I'm 27, I can't play pirates by myself, that's weird!" Aang complained.

Katara let out a beautiful laugh.

"Well you can always play with next one." She said quietly.

"Kya? She has no interest in being a pirate, all she wants to do is play doctor, I'm telling you teaching a five year old healing wasnt the best move."

Katara playfully smacked his shoulder.

"Mark my words, Kya will surpass me as a healer someday, but I'm not talking about Kya."

"Then who?"

Katara suddenly started to blush gazing wordlessly at the woods.

"The next one?" He thought.

He did a quick mental check and started to blush a bit too recalling the past few months of his stay-cation. He also started to blush, before a a realization hit him.

"Are you-"

"Yeah. I am."

Aang didn't know what to say.