Confrontation

Part One, Jian Mao.

"Where have you been?" He spat. It was only 10 am and most people had started waking up, but not Jian, he had been awake since 7.

Bumi narrows his eyes.

"I was visiting my mother." He answered.

Jian instantly regretted his words. He knew Bumi's mother was sick, and he didn't want to upset Bumi. Only for the sole reason that he didn't want Bumi to mess up their mission by being emotional, that's all.

"Well we must leave now." Jian demanded.

Last night Genji embarrassed him like no one dared has ever to Jian. He was going to silence Genji for good, no matter what. He supposed hurting him might trigger the avatar state, so maybe it was best they don't kill him, but Jian wanted for him to never see the light the day again.

"Relax, based off the avatars sleep pattern, he's likely not even awake."

Jian hated the way he referred to Genji was the avatar, As far as the world knew Jian was the avatar. If he wasn't the avatar, than what was he? Jian was chosen to be the avatar, it wasn't fair Genji woke up one morning and decided to be avatar.

"Bumi I would like to leave now."

He nodded.

"We have reinforcements all over Republic City, he won't be able to leave."

"Right then, let's go."

The two left their temporary apartment room, that was only a floor beneath Genji's. As they walked Bumi signaled for more men, and the hallways lined up with men in White Lotus uniforms.

Part 2, Karia

Karia woke up pretty late and it was due to the sound of a window opening. It was Xiomara stepping out.

"Sorry" she whispered.

"But I'm surprised, you're always up early."

That was true, being in the desert the sun beat down on you in the morning, forcing you to open your eyes. Well at least that's how it was for Karia, Genji could sleep the afternoon if he wanted.

"Where you going?" Karia asked yawning.

"Meeting up with Jian, but Dad can't know about this."

She put her fingers up to her lips and left.
Karia got up and stretched, making her way to Genji's room. Frankly, she wasn't all that happy to see Genji this morning. Last night he had been very rude, and even was reckless enough to start a fight with Jian Mao. Today he and Karia agreed to seek help from the old team avatar, now that Genji could bend two elements.

They knew they were under surveillance and she wasn't sure how to pull it off. Karia stayed up most of the night thinking about it. From what she heard, Asami was hard to track down. The Sato name was everywhere in Republic City, but the woman hadn't been seen here since Korra's death. It was said Bolin moved to and west air temple with Opal, and that Mako was deployed for the United Forces, moving around the world, but anyone knew they were just avoiding the City with so many memories.

Karia couldn't imagine what it was like, for her the City was a place of rebirth, where she had learned so much. She cringed thinking about how she initially wanted Genji to pass of as a water bender. Having a limited perspective really did make someone close minded.

She decided the best option was Jinora. From Jai's telephone book she saw that only Master Tenzin lived there, that all the Legacy Children had gone to live at the air temples. She wonders if Master Tenzin was related in any way to the White Lotus, seeing as his brother was. Karia's heart sunk, she had really hoped Jinora and Ikki lived in Republic City.