Two Avatars

"Hello, nice to meet you."

Genji just stood there frozen. He was face to face with the avatar. Well not really, Genji was the avatar, this was the fake avatar. Someone working closely with the White Lotus, a corrupt government trying to silence Genji, for no reason.

Luckily he was saved by three people entering.
Karia walked in with a bag of groceries, while her nephew ( that was most likely older than her) San seemed to have just arrived. Behind him followed Karia's cousin, the fully grown adult known as Jai. He froze when he saw Xiomara and Jian.

"What's this?" He demanded, which have Genji a chance to find Karia.

Karia stared at the scene in shock and reached for Genji's hand.

"Dad! Don't embarrass me!" Xiomara whined.

"What is he doing here!" Karia whispered into Genji's ear.

"I don't know!" Genji whisper shouted back.

"Who are you young man?" Jai demanded.

Xiomara just blushed even more.

"I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine Xo, my name is Jian Mao."

Genji was tempted to roll his eyes. How come he got to call her Xo.

Jai scratched his wispy beard for a minute.

"Now where do I know that name."

"Dad he's the avatar!" Xiomara whispered shouted.

At the exact moment Jian chose to flash Genji a smug grin. Genji hated this prick.

"The avatar?" Jai said with a confused look. He looked Jian up and down until he broke out into a grin.

"Wait I know you, you're Lao's son!"

Jian cringed.

"Yes my father is Lao the retired pro bender."

Jai slapped his back.

"His matches were amazing, say would you like to stay for dinner?"

Genji and Karia tried to plead with their eyes to Jai for him not to invite Jian over.

"Actually dad, me and Jian have a date." Xiomara said grabbing his arm.

Jian pulled back with an almost fiery look. He quickly softened it when he saw everyone staring.

"Actually I would love to stay for dinner, me and Xo can go out some other time."

Jai snorted.

"I don't know about going out, but you are a welcome guest today Mr Avatar."

Genji sputtered and Xiomara shot him an angry glance.

"Can I speak to Genji in private please?" She asked with false sweetness.

"Not sure how your boyfriends gonna like that." San muttered and Xiomara gave him a death stare.

"Excuse us." She said pulling him into her room.

She slammed the door.

"Okay you leave tomorrow. I know you're not the avatar, I'm dating the real one. I'll give you tonight only because I don't want things to get ruined, then you leave. I'm not sure what scams you're pulling but you picked the wrong family."

Before Genji could even respond she opened the door and walked out.

"Xo, San help me with dinner!"