𝐬𝐢𝐱.

It was the day before the first task. Anastasia awoke early that morning because Draco had asked her to meet him outside Hagrid's hut at 8:00 in the morning. Anastasia was not a morning person. Therefore she was not thrilled that Draco wanted to meet so early. Anastasia quickly got ready in her personal dorm and then headed to the Great Hall to get some breakfast. She quickly grabbed a muffin and a cup of pumpkin juice and then walked down towards the little hut by the forest.

"Anastasia!" Draco yelled towards her to get her attention.

"Hi!" She said, happy to see him.

"Why did you want to see me this early?" She asked.

"I thought I would show you what the first task was," he said as he led her into the dark forest.

"Wait, we're going into the forest!" she said, worried.

"Don't worry, it is not bad," he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the forest.

Draco led Anastasia deep into the dark forest. The pair came to a halt when they could hear loud animals thrashing.

"Look," he said as he pointed to four terrifying dragons.

"The first task," she muttered, looking shocked.

"Exactly," Draco said.

Anastasia and Draco walked back up to the castle, where they met Crabbe, Goyle, and two other friends of Draco. The group then proceeded to the courtyard, where they sat at a table behind a big tree. Then, Katerina walked through the courtyard and noticed Stasi sitting with five boys. She became curious, so she decided to go over and join them.

"Hello!" she said, sitting down next to Anastasia.

"Hey!" Stas said.

"Who might this be?" Draco said, looking at Anastasia.

"Oh Draco, this is my cousin Katerina," she said.

"Nice to meet you," Draco said charmingly.

"Nice to meet you too," Katerina said, grinning.

After studying and doing schoolwork, Draco got bored, so he decided to go up to the big tree next to them.

"What are you doing?" Anastasia asked as Draco looked down at her.

"Relaxing," he said, smirking at her.

Then she noticed Potter walking by.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Draco said with an arrogant grin.

"My father and I have a bet, you see," he said, jumping down from the tree, "I don't think you're going to last ten minutes in this tournament."

"He disagrees," Draco continued.

"He thinks you won't last five." 

Draco's friends, Theodore and Graham laughed dutifully, along with the rest of Draco's mob.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy," Harry said as he pushed Draco, "He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic."

Potter turned to leave, but Draco was already pulling out his wand when Professor Moody shot a spell at him, causing him to turn into a ferret. Potter turned around and joined other laughing students.

Anastasia came out from behind the tree along with Katerina. She immediately shot a spell at 'ferret Draco', turning him back into himself.

The courtyard suddenly went quiet.

Moody walked up to Anastasia.

"Anastasia Riddle," He said slyly, looking at her as if she was Merlin herself.

He then walked away slowly along with all the other students except Potter.

"My father will hear about this!" Draco yelled at the professor, causing him to chase him around the courtyard then.

Potter walked away with a horrified look on his face as Anastasia sat back down with a huff.

The day of the first task had finally arrived. Anastasia awoke at nine in the morning to meet with Fleur before the task. Anastasia quickly got ready and made her way down to the Great Hall. Fleur was sitting at a table with Juliette Avery, one of Anastasia's other good friends.

"Good morning!" Anastasia said, sitting down next to Fleur.

"Good morning!" The two girls replied.

"Are you ready for the task?" Anastasia asked Fleur.

Ever since Stas had told Fleur about the dragons, she had not been the same. Her face was practically as white as a tablecloth.

"As ready as I can be," Fleur said, as confidently as she could.

"Good," said Anastasia, squeezing Fleur's hand reassuringly.

Finally, Katerina and Edmund walked into the Great Hall.

Edmund went to join his friends that he had made in Slytherin, and Katerina came over to join the girls.

"So, is everyone excited for the task?" Katerina said, trying to make conversation.

"I think so," Juliette said, eyeing Fleur.

"Sure," Fleur said nervously.

Anastasia followed Madame Maxime and Igor Karkaroff to the arena where the task would take place. She walked alongside Katerina, Edmund, and Juliette. All the girls sat together while Edmund went off with his friends. While Juliette and Anastasia were chatting, Stasi noticed Katerina talking with an older boy. He was tall with dark black hair; he was also wearing the Slytherin uniform. Anastasia looked at Katerina and smiled just before the cannon went off.  Cedric Diggory was the first champion to go. Anastasia did not really pay attention since someone tapped her shoulder from behind.

It was Edmund.

"You do know who she's talking to, right?" he said, motioning towards Katerina.

"No, why?" Stasi said, looking confused.

"That's Marcus Flint," He said, "Captain of the Slytherin quidditch team."

Anastasia did not like the fact that Katerina was talking to an enemy quidditch captain. He was an enemy because Anastasia would have to play quidditch against him this year.

Once Cedric, Viktor, and Fleur were done with the task, it was time for Potter. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle came over to sit with Anastasia just before Potter began the task.

"Hey," Anastasia said.

"Why sound so melancholy?" Draco said.

"This is boring," she said.

"I agree," Goyle said.

Draco stared at him with a murderous look, causing him and Crabbe to move away.

"Why did you look at them like that?" Anastasia said.

"I don't want them to talk to you." He said defensively.

"Why not?" She said,

"I don't know," Draco said, "You're too pretty for them to talk to you."

Anastasia scoffed and held back a smile as she got up to go and apologize to Crabbe and Goyle for Draco's behavior. Instead, she fell into Draco's lap as the Hungarian Horntail flew above them, ripping off the cover above. Anastasia had not even noticed that Potter had flown away. Draco chuckled at her for falling in his lap. Anastasia quickly got up with an embarrassed smile and laughed as she went over to apologize to Crabbe and Goyle.