Chapter 11

Two days passed, and although there was still no sound from Lloyd, there was movement. Now the green ninja's body was constantly shaking and his head turned back and forth as if he was trapped in some sort of bad dream. The ninja had first felt more hopeful at the green ninja's movement, but now they realized he was still far from waking up.

The ninja were now gathered in the hospital room, each of them trying to get rid of their worry. Cole was pacing the floor and Nya was staring out the window. Jay and Kai were sitting beside Lloyd, twiddling their fingers anxiously, while Zane was helping Pixal on the other side of the room.

Wu and Garmadon stood back a pace from the others. Garmadon didn't take his round, distressed gaze off his son as Wu rubbed his beard. "There's something holding him," he said eventually, breaking the uneasy silence.

"What are you talking about?" Garmadon huffed.

Wu took a few steps closer to Lloyd and laid his hand on the green ninja's leg, feeling the cold shivers go through the ninja's body and then through his own. He shivered, stepping back again. "There's some sort of force keeping him down," he went on to his brother. "I don't know what it is, something magical of some sort, but something's going on inside his head."

Garmadon turned his head toward his brother, only half-understanding. "Well, what do we do about it?" he demanded.

Wu shook his head helplessly. "I'm not sure," he admitted with a sigh. "But Lloyd is getting stronger, and his breathing is getting steadier. I'm sure he'll wake up soon."

Garmadon drew his hand over his face. "That's what you've been saying for the past four days," he groaned. "And Lloyd still hasn't wakened."

"Have faith, Brother." Wu rested his hand on Garmadon's shoulder. "He'll come around."

Garmadon glanced back at his shaking son, wincing as he imagined the suffering Lloyd could be going through. "I hope so."

* * *

Wu was sitting in his room quietly, calming his nerves. All that had happened recently was a lot for him to bear. He was supposed to be the calm, reassuring one of the group, but inside, he felt just as overwhelmed as his brother.

A grunt sounded from the distance, followed by an exclamation. Bothered as more noises sounded from outside, Wu got to his feet and walked out the door.

He slid open the door to the courtyard and found Zane, Cole, Kai, and Jay using the training equipment. For once, they're actually training, Wu thought as he stepped down the porch steps.

But as he watched, their training wasn't all that he expected. Jay was constantly tripping over his injured leg, and he had to freeze every once in a while because of the pain. And although Kai tried to train as usual, it was clear he was still exhausted. His pace was slower than normal and he frequently rubbed his burnt arm. Cole seemed alright, except that multiple times he had to stop and take a deep breath. And then there was Zane, who had to pick up flakes of his skin that kept falling off.

Wu shook his head and sighed. "Enough!" he shouted.

The ninja froze in their training and walked over to him.

"How many times do I have to tell you this?" he snapped. "You need to rest. You four are in no condition to start training already!"

"But Sensei," Zane began to protest, "what harm is there in a little training?"

"Exactly!" Cole spoke up. "When it's time to fight the Overlord, we want to be ready!"

"What good will you guys be in a battle if you're all worn out?" Wu put in.

Kai crossed his arms. "We rested yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that! It was so boring!"

"Yeah!" Jay exclaimed. Then he winced. "Ouch," he whimpered as he lifted his bad leg. He flared his arms as he lost his balance. "Whoa!"

He gasped as he toppled over and bumped into Kai, who bumped into Cole, who bumped into Zane. The ninja all let out an alarmed shout as they fell on top of each other, tangled.

Wu sighed disapprovingly. "Have it your way," he told them. "But when it is time to fight, I hope you're ready."

"Don't worry, Sensei! We will be!" Cole stated. Then he grunted. "Move your leg, Kai!"

Wu turned around and walked back inside, tugging at his beard. "Kids these days," he muttered to himself. "They just don't understand." He looked out the window as the sun began to set. He knew the Overlord must be planning something big, or else he wouldn't be hiding like he was. But what is he planning? Wu wondered. If only he knew where the Overlord's headquarters was, they could do something before the Overlord did. But Wu had no clue.

He heaved a sigh. He knew how powerful the Overlord was, and he could only be planning something to make that power bigger. Cole said they'll be ready, he reflected. But will they be?