Fourteen - The Death Cure

a/n: i'm so sorry i haven't updated in a few weeks, i've been swamped with work and writing an actual book...exciting! i know the train scene is deleted and not supposed to be at this point in the film buuuuut i wanted to add it in <3

"We're so young boy, we ain't got nothing to lose."

Penelope

Penelope

"It's not my fault he looks like a fish." Lawrence was glaring at me silently as I had spoken a little too loud, Frypan covering my mouth with his palm as the guys continued talking to Lawrence. In my defence, I didn't expect him to look so different to the rest of us, with his bulging veins and popped out skin, I'd assume he was a full-blown crank if he weren't trying to negotiate with us.

Fry refused to move his palm until I began licking it, causing him to instantly retract it and whack the back of my head, causing Gally to glare at us due to our loud sound effects in the back ground. We were just making it more dramatic, I'd like to say.

"Gross. Do you even brush your tongue when you brush your teeth?" Fry wiped his hand against the back of his jeans as I turned to face him now, gasping in mock-offence. "I'm sorry? Do you even wash your hands, because it tasted like Winston's stew fro-"

This time, it was Brenda who gently elbowed me, motioning for the two of us to pay attention, though I noticed Fry narrow his eye into slits, motioning that he had his eye on me, to which I stifled a laugh.

"Who are these people?" I tried to keep polite eye contact with Lawrence, but his appearance and lack of a nose was throwing me off, and I found my eyes drifting between, eventually locking on the floor to avoid staring at him or provoking him. "Why are they here?" He finished his sentence as he placed the thorn-covered rose he was holding back onto a patch of soil.

"We need to get into W.I.C.K.E.D." It was Thomas, of course, who stepped forward and began doing the talking first. "Gally said you can get us through the walls."

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep." In that moment, I felt my heart drop all the way into my stomach, as though any inch or slither of hope I had was crushed by a guy without a nose.

"Ah.." Lawrence picked up his cane, turning to face us. "Besides, that wall is only half of your problems, getting inside W.I.C.K.E.D. is impossible." Gally shook his head, taking his hands off of his bulletproof vest as he spoke, "There might be a way now..but it doesn't work without these guys." He nodded towards us as I took a step forward.

"Is that so?" Lawrence stepped towards us as I stood next to Thomas, who shakily wrapped his hand around mine. "Do you know what I am, Penelope? Thomas?" He breathed in our faces, and I was rather glad he was closer to Thomas due to his breath. "I am a business man, which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

"Because we can help you." I finally spoke out to Lawrence, staring over at him as he blinked a few times. "If you can get us through those walls, I can get you what you need."