Nine - The Scorch Trials

a/n: another smut warning...i swear i'll stop this is the last one LMFAO

"When you told me the whole story, I felt like throwing up."

Penelope

Penelope

When I awoke, Newt was still asleep, wrapped up in my arms and the pink blanket I had given him last night. When he slept, he looked far more peaceful, a sort of angelic light glowing on him from the morning sunlight. All of the memories from last night came flooding back to me about how I had spent my night with Newt, yet I didn't regret it whatsoever.

I gently peeled myself away from Newt's iron grip, making my way over to the shower block to get ready for the day as I tried to scrub away any traces of last night, dirt and the embarrassment of what Thomas had said to me. I gulped slightly, readjusting myself as I felt a light blush spread across my cheeks from the memory itself before washing my hair out.

I was greeted by nothing but silence as I got out of the shower and began drying myself, changing into a pair of black shorts and a black tanktop, and no jacket due to the scorch. I adjusted my axe, gently putting on my leather wraparound on my back so that it could rest on my back in the sheath I had for it.

Once I was comfortable, I ran my hands through my hair and went into the morning darkness, as it was far too early for sunlight and for the first time I was able to, think about everything. I just need to clear my head for a bit, I suppose, especially knowing that Jeff is gone, I had expected him to come to the camp with the rest of the boys, but was greeted with emptiness instead. I felt sick to my stomach as I took out my axe once again, having finally reached the training square.

I swing my axe to the left in an attempt to test my precision, enjoying the peace and silence of the morning atmosphere as I continued training myself for the Right Arm. I dropped my axe almost instantly when I heard an ear-piercing scream.

I got you so good! I turned around, hearing footsteps as Thomas had spoken out in my mind.

"D-Did you just scream in my head?" I glared at him, still shaken up as I picked my axe back up off the floor, bending over slightly. I didn't notice Thomas staring at me as I made my way back over to him, the axe dragging along the floor as I held the handle with my left hand.

"I wanted to see if I could make you jump." Tommy smiled sheepishly at me before leaning over and placing a gentle kiss to my cheek. "Good morning." I blinked a few times at his chirpy attitude, staring at him as a blush came over my cheeks.

"Uh..morning, Tommy." He glanced over at me now, blinking a few times.

"What's wrong?"

"What?" I clear my throat slightly, turning around and giving Thomas my axe so that he could slide it back onto my back where it'd be secured in the sheath, and he did so.