12 Students vs. Teachers

The next day the students had joined training with the class 1-B where they would be in teams against the teachers.

"All right, everyone gather up!" All Might roared. I was standing behind him with Aizawa next to me. I had sparkles in my eyes and the little child in me was screaming. I still haven't got over the fact that All Might was a teacher at UA.

"Isn't he awesome?" I whispered to Aizawa. He didn't say anything so I turned to see if he was even there. He was but he didn't seem to hold the same feelings as I did of All Might.

"You'll be working in teams today. The teachers will form teams as well and will be up against you." All Might continued. Some of the students started whispering to each other.

"Your task will be to steal a flag from the teachers' territory and carry it over to yours. We won't go easy on you so do your best." All Might put his fist into the air to emphasize his speech.

He was definitely my idol. He was everything I wanted to be but couldn't. He was powerful, responsible, friendly and always in a mood for jokes.

"Yay!" I cheered with the students who were now excited to start.

All Might looked at me with a friendly smile. "I like your enthusiasm." We fist-bumped and All Might turned to Aizawa who looked almost...jealous? Huh? I must have read his expression wrong. He doesn't care about anyone other than his students so he couldn't be jealous.

"You should be more enthusiastic as well, Aizawa." All Might patted Aizawa's shoulder.

"I think we should start already." He said, not acknowledging All Might's advice.

The first round of games started and we're now watching on two big screens how would the participants worked. I was standing with Aizawa in the back corner watching what was happening.

"What do you like so much about him? All Might I mean." He suddenly said in a low tone.

"Well, he's the number one hero, what is there to not like about him." I smiled at Aizawa, trying to read his expression which was hidden behind heaps of the raven hair. He didn't react.

An awkward silence arose between us and I started fiddling with my fingers thinking about a topic we could talk about.

"How many cats do you have?" I asked. Hearing my question his expression softened.

"Two."

"I love cats, they're so cute, right?" I beamed picturing my black Bombay cat that I had at my parents' home.

"Yeah, they can make you feel less lonely." He quietly said. I could feel the fondness that he had for his cats in the tone of his voice.

He was right. Back at my parents' home, I would spend a lot of time alone and my cat would always be there to comfort me. Aizawa must spend a lot of time alone as well. It's not like he doesn't have friends that would spend time with him like I did. Maybe he likes being alone.

"Could you maybe show me pictures of them?" I asked in hope of him being a little more friendly and showing me some pictures on his phone.

"I could show them to you in my apartment. We can't train at the school on the weekends anyway so you could come." I was dumbfounded. Is he inviting me to his house?! Even if it's just for training, we could train at some park or whatever but he chose to invite me to his personal space.

"Yes, I'd love to." I said a little too excitedly.

"Okay, I'll send you the address later." He said without looking at me and went to talk to the students who just finished with their round. The teachers won but students put up a good fight.

The students were able to steal the flag but couldn't carry it to their territory. After Aizawa gave his few words to the students, I went to visit the group as well to ask how they felt about the game.

"So guys, how was it? I saw you on the big screen. You all did great!" I said high-fiving each one of the five-member group. They all looked worn out so I wanted to praise them a bit to lift their moods.

"Yeah, but we still didn't win." Mina said with a sad expression.

"Of course you can't win against pro-heroes. But you still got far in the game and your strategy was interesting."

Their faces looked less sad and they nodded understanding that they actually did good even if they didn't feel like it.

The following rounds went pretty much the same. The teachers won every round but one group of students almost reached their territory with the flag.

The students were getting ready for the last round. I watched the group of teachers getting ready as well. But I saw only three of them. Where are the others.

"You're going to play this round." I jumped a bit by the low voice that suddenly sounded behind me.

"Huh? No, I can't, I still can't control my quirk." I protested frantically waving my hands.

"I'll be playing too and will keep an eye on you. If you need your quirk, just use it for 30 seconds to not traumatize the kids." Aizawa reassured me.

He put his hand on my back and led me to the group of teachers. I suddenly started feeling hot. Was it because of his hand on my back or because I was nervous from playing the game.