10 Weird text

We were now in the empty 1-A class, waiting for me to touch Yamada's skin and make illusion of his fear.

When Aizawa explained to Yamada why he was invited to his office my heart dropped. I didn't want to hurt another person and Yamada was always so cheerful, I couldn't imagine him being broken from my quirk.

At first, I refused to use my quirk again but with Yamada reassuring me that it's fine and Aizawa saying that there isn't another way to get the upper hand over the quirk, I complied.

We decided that my first illusion will be short to make sure that I will not go too far. I was supposed to maintain the illusion for 30 seconds.

"I will try my best to not hurt you." I said to the blonde man before I took his hand. I closed my eyes praying that I could control my quirk this time.

When I opened them I saw that I was in a jungle. Birds and bugs were flying everywhere, it was humid and the sound of crickets was penetrating my ears. Few meters from me was Yamada looking around. A huge horde of bugs was hovering above him. Okay Y/N stop looking around and start counting to thirty. Do not let anything distract you and focus.

While counting I watched the miserable situation Yamada was in. He must hate bugs. It was one of the more common fears most kids have but a lot of people carry this fear to their adulthood. Dad always told me if people had some big fear in their childhood, it would sometimes come with them to their adult life. Poor Yamada.

'...,28,29,30.' Okay it was time to stop. I blinked to get back into reality. I opened my eyes and...

...fortunately, I was met with Aizawa's eyes closely observing me. Was he watching me like this the whole time? I gave him a quick smile that I accomplished my task and looked towards Yamada who was a bit disheveled but still had his smile on.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry you had to see that." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, but it was scary I must admit." Yamada chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's the point dumbass." Aizawa growled. Is he this grumpy to his friends too? I get that he would be like that to me since I'm new but I thought Yamada was the closest to him.

"Now we're going to try a minute-long illusion." Aizawa announced.

"I don't think we should."

"Do you want to be able to control your quirk or not." Aizawa raised his voice which made me seep into the school chair nervously. Yamada saw this and patted my hand.

"Hey Aizawa, don't shout at her. Sweety, you can do it again. I'll be fine, I swear."

"Okay then." I sighed and closed my eyes. This time I started counting right away to not have to maintain the illusion more than I needed.

"60!" I quickly closed my eyes and opened them but...

"Again?! No, no, no." I blinked again but nothing. Why did I say yes to this. Why did I try my luck the second time. Aizawa please help me. You wanted this so help me. I was nervously tugging at my shirt, looking towards poor Yamada around whom was flying and buzzing an oversized bee.

The trees around me started to get smaller and the bugs fell to the ground lifeless. The walls of the 1-A class were appearing in front of me. When I no longer saw any aspects of my illusion, I slumped into my chair.

I looked over to Yamada who just sat there not moving. "Mr. Yamada are you okay? Mr. Aizawa, I did it again." I looked worried towards Aizawa who stood up from his chair and went to look at his colleague.

"Yamada, hey, wake up." Aizawa shook Yamada's shoulders. He started to blink again and a small smile formed on his face. "Ms. L/N, I think I won't be able to continue longer today."

"It's okay but how are you feeling Mr. Yamada?" He shifted in his chair, patting his clothes and then looked at me.

"Could be better to be honest but it isn't anything a good drink couldn't cure." He joked which made me and Aizawa calm down.

"Yeah, thank you for being my test mouse for today." I chuckled anxiously. He stood up from the student desk and went to the door. "You are welcome." He waved and disappeared behind the wall.

I looked back at Aizawa. "I'm sorry."

"Do not apologize, we'll just have to practice more." I sighed, disappointed that I couldn't do what Aizawa asked of me. It looked simple to use my quirk but it's hard to not let emotions take over your quirk which is feeding of other's fear.

"Well, you should get going I need to lock the class." I nodded and slouchily made my way to the door.

When I got home I took a long shower trying to wash away my thoughts of failure. I was now sitting in front of my TV munching on some chips, attentively watching my favorite show to cheer up. It was at the suspenseful scene when my phone ringed with text being sent to me. Who could that be? My parents didn't send texts and I didn't have many friends who would text me.

It was an unknown number. I opened the text which read 'don't beat yourself much about earlier- Aizawa' I read it again to make sure I saw it right. Where did he get my number? 'Must have been the same way he got your email address, dumbass.' My inner voice said.

Yeah, that made sense. But why did he send me that? From what I saw he doesn't seem like the person to care about people and certainly not me. But still, it warmed my heart.