8 The end of the internship

A light shake of my shoulder from Aizawa brought me back from my thoughts. "Ms. L/N. Ms. L/N." He had a soft voice different from his normal arrogant growl.

I finally looked up from my feet and saw the disturbed face on the mountain of a man that was Vlad Kind. It was like he was looking in the distance, his eyes weren't focused on anything. He just stood there like a shell without a soul.

I'll definitely get fired for this. "I-I'm sorry." I quietly whispered looking apologetically at Aizawa who was clearly a little bit disturbed as well, seeing his fearless colleague standing like he just saw his whole world crumble (which he unfortunately did).

Vlad Kind finally started to blink and looked around. Aizawa asked him how he was feeling but he only said a quick 'fine' and went back to school without another word. We watched the back of the man make his way slowly towards the school.

Suddenly Aizawa said with a beaming voice, which made me jump up a bit from the loudness. "No one will tell anyone about this or you will face harsh consequences. Understand?"

The students nodded their heads scared of the aura Aizawa radiated. He was scary when he was angry. I made a mental note in my head to never get on Aizawa's bad side.

"Now get to your classes, I won't tolerate anyone being late." The kids started quickly scurrying towards the building and the two of us were left in the yard alone.

"Mr. Aizawa, I'm sorry, I didn't want to-" I was interrupted by a quiet 'follow me' as Aizawa's feet started moving.

While we were making our way through the quiet halls because the classes had already started, I hoped that what he said to the students meant that no one who wasn't at the field wouldn't know and I wouldn't be fired.

But as we were getting closer to Nezu's office my hopes were getting smaller. This is it. I'm going to get fired. The amounts of work I had put in for me to teach here went out the window the moment I stepped on the field. What will I tell my parents, they will be so disappointed.

My mom always wanted me to be the best. She was so happy that I placed first in school regarding my grades and would teach at UA and I just threw this opportunity out the window just like that.

Aizawa knocked on the heavy-duty doors and we stepped in. The mouse creature was sitting behind his desk and looked up to us.

"Aizawa, Ms. L/N. What brings you here?" He said with a smile.

"It's her quirk. The students wanted to see her use it and she couldn't control it and completely disturbed Kan. We were in the school field."

"Oh, and where is he now?" The mouse hopped down from his chair and made its way towards us. "He went back to school, saying he was fine but I don't believe him." Nezu put his paw to his face and thought for a bit.

"Huh, I'll send Recovery girl to check on him, please sit down." He motioned to the leather couch. We all sat down, me being on one couch with Nezu and Aizawa taking the seat on the other one facing us. I had my hands in my lap nervously fiddling my fingers, looking down at them.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't want to...I didn't mean to..." My voice was weak almost non-hearable. Nezu's snow-white paw landed on my hands reassuringly, which made me calm down a bit seeing his fluffy fur paw.

"Ms. L/N. You don't have to apologize. Mr. Kan is a strong hero, I'm sure he will recover. But..." Oh god. Here it is, he is doing to tell me that they can't have someone who would be danger to the students teaching them.

"...the fact that you can't control your quirk concerns me." I sighed defeated. "Ms. L/N. I deeply care about my employees and the safety of them and my students are my priority. So if you want to stay teaching at UA you'll have to learn to control your quirk. And Aizawa will help you with it." Him?

"Me? Why." Aizawa pointed at himself in confusion. It was clear that he didn't want to do anything with me. I knew how he felt. I also didn't want to spend more time that I needed with this grump.

"Yes you, you're the only one who can stop her from killing someone with your quirk." Nezu smiled nonchalantly at Aizawa who was annoyed because he knew it was true.

"Killing someone?!" Aizawa raised his voice. "Yes, Ms. L/N, didn't you tell him?" The principal looked at me.

"I-I didn't have time to talk..." The fact was that I didn't want to talk about it. It was the darkest moment of my life and I tried to bury it deep inside me. I would have nightmares where the scene of me killing the boy replayed again and again. So no I didn't have time to talk about it and probably wouldn't have the time to ever talk about it.

"Well, you will now, when you'll train together." Nezu hopped from the couch and went to his desk signaling that he finished speaking.