1 D-day

I almost slept through my alarm because I couldn't sleep last night. I was so excited. Adrenaline was running through my body making me fall asleep around 3 in the morning but at least I got 4 hours of sleep.

Today was my first day of my college internship at UA High school. I worked hard all year to be able to get this spot because students with the best grades got to choose their internship schools among the first ones. Of course, everyone wanted to go to UA High school, so I worked my ass off to be the best.

After chugging down a cup of coffee, I grabbed my bag with all the things I needed for the day and ran out of my apartment.

I called a taxi because I did not want to get lost on my way there and embarrass myself by being late. Finally, I was here.

The big gates of UA were toppling over me in all their pompous glory. It was the signature view that would be shown in every news report.

A light tug at my black pencil skirt brought me out of my thoughts and made me look at the source of interruption. I was met with the carefree smile of the UA principal. His ears twitched as he was ready to hear my reaction to his fluffy mouse company.

"Hello, Mr. Nezu. I was just admiring the school's design. It's so cool." Oh god, that sounded so childish.

He looked towards his workplace and then back at me with a puzzled expression. "Oh really? It's built to be more practical than cool but I'm glad you like it. Come on, let's go. I have to introduce you to your instructor teacher."

I felt a familiar tug at my skirt as Nezu wanted to lead me to the school. "Also call me principal please." I only hummed in response because I had to put all focus on not falling while Nezu was almost running. I wonder if his feet hurt when he has to walk twice as many steps as "normal-sized" people.

We came into what must have been the teacher's lounge room. It had few couches, a little kitchen and two computers. Nezu motioned me to sit on the couch next to him.

"You came pretty early, most of the teachers are still not here." He said while making himself comfortable.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't want to be late so I came in advance but I guess it was too early." I awkwardly chuckled.

"No need to apologize Ms.L/N. At least you can tell me something about your quirk. From the file you gave me it seemed very interesting." Nezu was smiling but it gave me a weird feeling.

Like some mad scientist looking at his next project. I didn't know what he was thinking. I hope he doesn't think something bad about me because of my quirk.

My quirk was nothing to be proud about and I used it only a few times.

"Yeah, well. I don't know what more to tell than what was on the file but basically, I can create illusions of the worst fears of the person I had previously touched. It's bad, I know."

I looked down at my feet and saw Nezu's two dangling paws next to mine, which made a spark of happiness light in my mind.

"No quirk is bad. You just have to know how to use it. So please continue Ms.L/N." I sighed and started talking again.

"To activate my quirk I have to had touched the person within the last 48 hours and then picture their face in my head. I can see the illusions the person is having and make minor alterations to them-"

"Is it not scary to see them?" Nezu interrupted.

"They were at first but I got used to them. When I was younger, I couldn't control my quirk much so it would activate itself and I had to watch a lot of illusions full of all kinds of scary things...But I got used to it I guess. Many fears people have are the same and I got numb to it. That's why I'm not scared of most things." I chuckled trying to ease the grim mood I brought.

"I didn't see any side effects of your quirk on the file. It doesn't have any?"

"Oh, I must have forgotten to write it down. When using my quirk some part of the victim's fear shows on my skin, like a tattoo. The tattoos are visible for about 5 hours, then fade away. Other than that I didn't notice other side effects."

I thought for a bit if I didn't forget about some aspect of my quirk and then looked at Nezu. He wore his friendly smile again. He looked at his watch and then hopped from the comfortable furniture.

"Your instructor teacher should be here any minute. I told him to come early."

A wiggle of the door handle made me expectantly look to the door to see who will be the teacher whose class I will be teaching and spend the next two months with.