CHAPTER 35

Aria Pov

Why did he say that to me? Does he blame me for the miscarriage? Does he hate me for it? Did he finally get to say what he's been thinking this whole entire time?

Too many questions are running through my mind as I lay in bed crying my eyes out. I can't believe him! We never fight and here we are, he just had to mention the miscarriage. Is that what he really thought? Why can't we be happy? All I want is to be with him and that seems to be a struggle. The people we love around us keep on leaving us to suffer which causes an effect to our relationship.

I gather all my thoughts and head into the bathroom to relax and release them. A nice warm bath later, I walk out in my pink fluffy towel just to see Adam sitting on the edge of our bed with bloodshot eyes and disheveled hair. I scoff at his audacity to even come in here, I walk to my wardrobe and start to gather some clothes for the day.

"I'm sorry." Is all I hear when I can feel his fingers glide up my arm.

"Don't touch me." I say through gritted teeth and push past him.

"I really am sorry Aria. I never meant to-"

"To what? To blatantly shove the fact I lost our baby in my face! Is that what you really think?"

"I- I don't know why I said that. You were sort of getting on my nerves and I guess it just came out, it was a heated moment."

"Are you fucking serious?! You promised to never mention the miscarriage EVER again!! You promised me! Yet you obviously had to say what you really were thinking. You blame be for it don't you? I get you've lost a lot the last year, but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick towards me. I love you Adam but you clearly can't see that, not if you think I'm changing that is. I'm not the one changing Adam, you are. You need to get a grip of yourself, I've tried my hardest to help but this is as far as I go , it's all up to you to find yourself again." I storm out trying to leave a shocked Adam standing there but as I do he grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't you leave me too. Please. I'm so fucking sorry Aria. I- I'm just so overwhelmed and I guess losing my mom, Andy and the baby in such a short amount of time has made me push you further away. I love you Aria but I guess we are both still grieving, I didn't mean what I said.
Please baby please don't leave me. Your all I have left." He's full on sobbing onto my shoulder not letting go of his tight grip on me as he hugs me tighter.

"I'm not going to leave you Adam but I'm going to give you some space for a few days. And you have a sister now, it's not just me anymore. I'm going to my mum's house and until you find yourself again I won't be back. Take care of yourself and your sister. I'll be back in a few days, I love you Adam." I kiss his cheek and wipe his tears before I start to pack my bags.

Adam Pov

No. She can't leave, even if it's for a few days. She's right but I need her. I can't let her leave me. I need to fight to win her back and thanks to my little sister she gave me an idea earlier. Although I should wait I feel like this is the moment to mention it before she can leave me. Here it goes...

"Marry me." I shout to Aria and she stops whatever she's doing. She looks at me in a frozen state and just stares at me.

"What?" She's obviously confused but I meant it.

"Marry me Aria." I step closer towards her.

"I don't need a few days for space, I need you. Don't leave and stay here please. I love you Aria and I won't let you leave me. This is me trying to fight my demons and win you back. I've never felt this way about anyone before and even after everything we have been through I fall deeper in love with you everyday. Your it for me Aria. I want to be able to hold you, cherish you and feel you forever. I want to be able to give you the world, to give you the best you could ever ask for. I want you to be the mother of my children. I want you to be my wife Aria and there's nothing more I want than to be with you. You've changed me for the better and I'm so glad your in my life, this is our fate. You and me. It's us forever."

I've been thinking about proposing to Aria for months way before the kidnap. I have been keeping my mother's special ring which she made me promise to give to my one true love and it's been sitting in my night stand for long time.
I walk to the night stand and rummage through to find the small navy blue box and hurrying back to Aria. I grab her hand and kneel onto the floor as I open the box into Arias hand. The box contains a silver band ring with an average sized real diamond in the middle of it as two smaller navy diamond ones are on either side of the white diamond.
We are now both sobbing and I just need to hear her say yes. Today has been a HUGE turn of events leaving me so confused but it made me realize that I've waited too long for this and right now is my only chance to officially make her mine.

"Will you marry me Aria Mia Giovanni?" I managed to say through my loud sobs. I look at Aria with teary eyes just to see her sobbing and smiling. Wait she's smiling?

"YES. YES. YES." Aria lunges herself into me making us fall onto the bed.

"Of course I'll marry you Adam Nathaniel Samson! I love you." She kisses all over me and I lift her and she straddles my lap. I grab her left hand and slip on the ring to then give her sweet and small passionate kiss. I then kiss the her hand where the ring is and cup her face.

"I love you Aria. You've made me the happiest man alive." She hugs me and kisses my shoulder.

"This isn't how i thought my day would go. We started off rough but you slid your way through and changed my mind and now.. WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!" She squealed and bounces on my lap making me extremely hard. Aria sees me struggle to compose myself and lets out the most precious giggle.

"Was this planned?"

"Not at all. I've been wanting to propose to you way before you were kidnapped. This is my mother's ring and before she died she made me promise to give it the the woman I love most and marry her. And so it's been sitting in that drawer for a year and right now was the perfect moment to give it to the woman I love most and that's you Aria. I love you the most and now I will marry you."
I rub small circles with my thumb on the small of her back as she hugs me again.

"Thank you Adam."

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For being in my life. For being the best person ever. For making me your fiancée!! For being yourself. For being such a strong person. For loving me." She kisses me again and again until one thing leads to another but before anything happens...

Bang. Bang. Bang. Gunshots?

Omg! This was a hectic chapter and so much was going on! I tried to fit everything into this chapter for it to make sense (miss this is wattpad so don't judge). Although this chapter went by quickly what are your thoughts on it? And HE FINALLY PROPOSED!!! They are getting married y'all! What do you think happened at the end? Stay tuned.