CHAPTER 31

Adam Pov

It's been a week of Aria recovering after leaving the hospital. I told her about everything that went down when she was away. She was devastated when I told her about Andy, since then she's been really quite. I take care of her and try talking to her but the only response I get is a 'yes', 'no' or 'okay'. I called her mom a few days ago and told her that Aria is all okay but to give her space after what happened. I wish there was something more I could do to help her. It breaks my heart seeing her like this.

"Morning baby, did you sleep alright?" I walk out of bathroom with a stern look on my face. She give me a small nod and raises her arms to me, whenever she does this it means she needs to use the bathroom as she still struggles to walk on her own, I help her up and let her do her business.

After a while Aria walks out the bathroom with tears down her red puffed eyes. I wish I could help her whenever she breaks down but she shuts me out every time so I decide on giving her some space. I heard her muffled cries from outside the closed door and it made me shed a few tears, my heart broke at Arias sobs.

"You okay baby?" She walks out into the room and hesitates at first whilst looking straight at me with glossy eyes. I wipe my tears away, she doesn't need to see me like this I have to be strong for her. She starts to cry again and run towards me wrapping her legs around me waist as she cries onto my shoulder. I stumbled backwards then hugged her back tightly.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. I didn't mean to shut you out." Her voice croaks and hugs me tighter. I walk us to the edge of the bed and sit down making Aria straddle my lap.

"Don't be sorry my love. I gave you the space you needed until you were ready to talk to me again." I give her a small smile but she continues to cry.

"Do you want to talk? You know, about the... The baby?" She shakes her head no then looks up at me with teary eyes.

"It's okay to cry Adam you don't have to hold back how your feeling." Her words alone made me burst into tears, I lean against her shoulder and cry. Aria coos me saying everything is okay and to let it all out. We lay down in bed staying engulfed in each others warmth, Aria gently strokes my hair once I've calmed down.

"Do you feel better now?" Aria asks with her sweet angelic and croaky voice.

"Yeah it felt good."

"I knew it would, I've been doing it all week." She softly smiles and pecks my cheek.

"Adam, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it?" I ask now invested to what she has to say.

"I don't EVER want to talk about the baby. It's way too painful and I don't think I can handle it. Please promise that we would never mention the miscarriage."

"Baby.. I- do you think that's best? I think it's better if we talked about it for a bit." She looks at me with teary eyes.

"No. I don't EVER want to talk about it!" She gets up and slowly storms out the bedroom.

Fuck! I thought everything was going all good again until I fucked it all up, again! I'm so fucking stupid! I need to go and talk to her, if she doesn't want to talk then so be it but I can't lose her again.

Aria Pov

It's been a week since the miscarriage. A week without Andy. I completely broke down when Adam told me and I went into my own headspace. I shouldn't have pushed him away but I couldn't help it. Adam walks out the bathroom as I lean against the headboard of the bed fiddling with my fingers. I badly want to say good morning back to him but it just doesn't seem to work. I miss him so much, I miss his touch especially his cuddles. I'm so grateful for how he's been taken care of me the past week after losing his brother and his baby. I haven't seen him shed a tear at all and I'm sort of worried, I need to know how he's feeling. He left me to do my business in the bathroom and I can't help but break down again. He's been great to me all week and I've so bratty by not even looking his direction. It's time I be there for him and take care of him. I walk back out not knowing what to do now but I realize that I love this man with everything I have and I need him as much as he needs me. I run up to him and hold him tightly so he can never leave my embrace.

After a while of cuddling I want him to know that after thinking about this for a week, I'd rather not bring the whole miscarriage topic up again. I don't want to talk about how I failed at keeping my baby alive, at how I wasn't strong enough to hear it's heartbeat. I don't want that constant reminder of how shit of a mother I am. I just don't want to bring it up again and I hope Adam understands where I'm coming from.

I can't believe him! I finally told him that I don't want to mention the baby under any circumstances, yet he disagrees! Ugh!! I stormed out the bedroom and went down to the kitchen and decided to ignore Adam completely. I make myself a bowl of cereal and some orange juice then slip into the bar stool. I hear footsteps getting closer to me before feeling a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you I just- I thought that talking about it would do us good but I guessed wrong. If that's what you want then I'm okay with it but if you ever change your mind then I'm all for it." He kisses my temple and apologises again just as he was about to leave. I grab his arm and yank him into a big hug.

"Thank you. For being the best person ever. I love you so much Adam." He chuckled and kisses my forehead before talking.

"I love you Aria."

Sorry it's been a few days since I last updated! I hope this chapter was okay and next chapter will be out soon! Stay tuned.