CHAPTER 7

Adam Pov

It was so good to see Aria yesterday. Her beautiful face and long hair she was just perfect. What was she doing working at my diner? I never got to finish asking her out or even getting her number. I got a call from one of my men about Andy breaking down again. It's taken a huge toll on both of us especially Andy now that both of our parents are gone. He's been having panick attacks and breaking down and he always has nightmares at night, he won't talk to anyone other than me. I'll let him grieve for now and take time off school then he'd have to got get some professional help. I just hope he can stay strong he's the only family I have left and I have to do whatever it takes to protect him.

I get up and get dressed and head downstairs to see Andy watching television.

"Hey lil bro, what are you doing up so early?"

"Morning, I was just waiting for you to get up actually, I wanted to say that I'm ready to see a therapist."

"Oh right. If you say so I'll call up doctor Hale and get you an appointment for tomorrow" i said as Andy nodded and went back watching television.

I hear the doorbell ring and wonder who could be here at 10 in the morning.

I open the door to see Aria standing there with a big box in her arms.

"Aria. Hey what are you doing here?.. Here let me help you with that, you can come on in." I take the box out her hands and she nodded and follows me inside after she closes the front door.

"Thanks. It was a struggle to hold onto it whilst on the bus. I made a chocolate cake for you and Andy after I heard what happened with your mum. I'm so sorry for what happened I can't imagine what your going through."

"You came all the way here to give us cake? How do you know where we live? And I don't need your pity."

"I got your address from Izzy my friend she said her father worked as your accountant before and I asked her to send your address so I can return the $100 tip you left me yesterday at the diner. I appreciate it but it's way too much and I can't accept it."

"Okay. Well it was no mistake I wanted you to have that tip. You deserve it. And thanks for the choc-" I get cut of and Andy walks in confused.

"Hey aria what are you doing here?" Andy asks.

"Aria came to drop off this chocolate cake she made for us and to send her condolences."

"I see. Well are you staying we are just about to have breakfast." Andy asks her.

"Oh no I don't want to intrude I should get going." Aria says in a rush.

"Don't be silly. We'd love to have you for breakfast please join us. Is there anything in particular you'd like?"

"Um.. well okay if you don't mind then I guess I can stay for breakfast and I don't mind anything is fine by me as long as it doesn't contain anything with bananas " she says with a small chuckle.

I see aria take a seat next to Andy and watch them talk. He's actually talking to someone other than me. As I'm making pancakes I glance over a few times to see both of them with a smile on their faces, I can't help but smile myself.

"Breakfast is ready." I handed a plate to them both and grabbed one for myself and took a seat opposite Aria.

"Mmm this I really good!" Aria says with amused look on her face.

"I'm glad you enjoy it. It's one of many recipes from our mothers cookbook."

"You must miss her a lot. I'm sorry again for what happened, I wish there is something I could do to help take the pain away." Aria said sadly.

"Yeah we miss her everyday. And like I said before we really don't want your pity."

"Actually aria I was hoping if you could stay here for the day and help me catch up with some English lit work." Andy quietly asks.

"Yes of course. I haven't got anything planned today but I don't have my text books."

"That's okay I have all the textbooks here" Andy chimes in.

A while later Andy and aria head upstairs and come back down with books and paper scattered in the living room. I'm glad she decided to stay and not only for the sake of me trying to get to know her but the fact that Andy seems so comfortable with her and she keeps him distracted then it's all fine by me.

"Hey Andy I'll be in my office if you need anything and Aria could we talk in private please?"

They both nod and Aria follows me to my home office. I sit on my side of the desk and gesture for Aria to take a seat and so she does.

"So uh.. I wanted to thank you for the cake and for keeping Andy company ,he doesn't get it often and it takes his mind off.. you know."

"Oh yeah of course I'd be more than happy to help Andy. And what about you? Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Actually yes. At the diner I was trying to ask you out on a date for next weekend preferably a dinner?" I rub the back of my neck as my nerves get the best of me. Fuck she's really changing me for the good.

"Um.. I don't know. We don't really know each other and I think your maybe too old for me" aria says with a small cute smile.

"Well we can get to know each other on the date. It's the only thing I want from you, you did say you'd do anything to help and I'd love for you to join me. Also I'm only 23 which is only 6 years older, come on I promise I'll pay and drive you to and from hell I'd eve-" I ramble on until she cuts me off.

"Okay."

"Okay? Really?"

"Yes. I'd love to." She blushed.

"Alright that's great. Anyways you should get back to Andy and we can talk later." She nods and gets up but before she leaves she grabbed a pen and paper from my desk she starts to write something on it.

"Here's my number. Call me later about the date details." She shyly says and she sways her hips on her way out of my office.

Fuck. She's so fucking sexy. Fuck I'm hard. I need a cold shower. Now.

Damn. Well shit. It's starting to get more juicy believe me 😉. His love for her will increase throughout the book. Stay tuned.