CHAPTER 12

Aria Pov

After Adam dealing with the creepy man my morning shift ends and he offers me to drop me off home and so I agreed. As I got home I see that it's an hour before the brunch so I decide to take a shower and get ready.
After my shower I choose on wearing a navy blue flowy dress that just sits slightly above my knees and a matching sequenced cardigan with my small black heels and black clutch. I decide on wearing some concealer, mascara, a little eyeshadow and some red lip balm. I decide to leave my natural wavy hair to dry by itself and leave it how it is. I want to look good for Adam so I thought my special pearl earrings and matching necklace and bracelet should make my whole look 'pop'.

After I'm dressed I head downstairs to see my mum and Tom all dressed formally too.

"Oh sweetheart you look beautiful! Absolutely stunning!" My mum says with a single tear from happiness and gives me a small hug.

"You look like an angel Aria. Shall we head out then?" Tom chimes in.

"Thanks mum and dad I appreciate it and yes let's go I'm all ready."

After we arrive at our destination and it's a huge building probably with about 50 stories. We start to walk on and I'm amazed at how Tom works here and even more impressed that Adam owns it all.

"Tom! It's good to see you!" A man says as we are about to walk into the lift.

"Philip! It's always a pleasure to see you. How's the case going?" Tom questions.

We all get into the lift and Tom presses the button to the highest floor the 54th floor! Tom and his friend Philip have a small conversation and eventually we reach our floor and head on out.

"Woah. This looks incredible." I say in awe. The floor is on the rooftop, it looks like a fancy morden restaurant with bright green plants all over.
We make our way through and Tom introduced us to some of his colleagues, I excuse myself to head to the bathroom.

After using the bathroom and doing my business I walk out and bump into someone.

"I'm so sor-, Adam."I ramble on until I look up in shock and blush to see Adam in front of me.

"Your really clumsy aria. It seems to be a habit of yours." He laughs as he says this with a smirk.

"It's nice to see you too Adam. I'm glad I came here, you look handsome in a tux." I flirtatiously comment.

"Why thank you babe. You look beautiful. Shall we head in?" He says and I take my arms around his as we walk to the reserved tables with everyone seated and having their own conversations.

"I tried to have your seat as close to mine. I'm at head of the table then Tom on my right and you next to him." He explains. I nod and we gain a few stares and Adam gains a glare from Tom as we take our seats.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I'm glad your all able to join us on this occasion. You can help yourself to the unlimited buffet. Please dig in." Adam announced.

"Mum I'm starving I'm just going to go straight for it!" I excitedly whispered.

I instantly walk towards the buffet and start to pile up my plate with all sorts of snacks. I feel a pair of hands brush against my waist and look up to see Adam.

"Are you enjoying yourself my love?" He whispered into my ear.

"I am now but just so you know I'm not one for public display of affection. I only said you were my boyfriend earlier to scare off that creep so bare that in mind." I start laughing at the thought.

"I will be soon. We still have that date to go on. How about dinner tomorrow?" He suggests.

"Really? Tomorrow is good for me I guess." I shyly say as he gives me a peck on the cheek and nod as he walks off.