The Mum I Never Had (January 2012)

Harry: 17

Camryn: 17 Darcy: 9 months

Camryn: 17
Darcy: 9 months

❤️thank you so much to elliecarterson for requesting this chapter❤️

"What else did mum say she needed?"Harry asks pushing the grocery cart down the next isle. He bugs out his eyes at Darcy and scrunches his nose to make her giggle from her seat in the grocery cart. She babbles and reaches towards Harry's hands that are holding onto the cart.

He looks towards the isle packed with food and finds the brownie mix. "She needs brownies, right? I'm pretty sure she needs brownie mix."

Camryn smirks and giggles quietly, wrapping her arms around Harry and from behind and kissing his shoulder. "Hmmm, I don't think that was on the list sadly."

Harry fake groans and turns his head to the side to lean back and kiss Camryn's temple. "Remember how we used to walk here every Saturday?"

Camryn nods and lets go of Harry, grabbing a marshmallow package to check another thing off of Anne's list. "Yeah and we used to buy cherry pop and go under the tree and drink them."

"Yeah,"Harry nods with a huge smile, leaning forward to press a kiss to one of Darcy's chubby cheeks. "And I'd save up all of my money from the bakery so we could buy chocolate bars."

"Oh no, your bow is falling out,"Camryn chuckles lightly, unclipping Darcy's light pink bow and reclining it, pulling back the front of her brown hair. She bends down to nuzzle her nose with Darcy, "you're so beautiful, baby."

"How many more things do we need to get,"Harry sighs, getting quite bored and looking over at the paper list in Camryn's hand.

"We have like six more things,"Camryn replies, biting on the cap of the pen she's holding and tapping the items with her fingers to try and count them.

Harry groans and bends over, putting his forehead on top of his hands that are gripping the cart. "You're kidding, right? We've been here for hours."

Camryn laughs and pats Harry's back, "we've been here for like 15 minutes." She looks over at Darcy who's looking curiously at her dad who is bent down in front of her. "Darcy, can you say, you're silly daddy!"

Darcy looks over at her mum with lit up eyes and a big gummy smile, babbling quietly and bouncing a bit in her seat.

"D, why does your nana send us to get groceries?"Harry questions, looking into her blue eyes and scrunching his nose in fake disgust.

"We do it because we love nana and we like to help her, huh D,"Camryn smiles, pressing butterfly kisses to Darcy's forehead. "You have the best nana ever." They continue walking down the aisle and then turn to start walking down the next one.