Nostalgia & Home Videos (April 2012)

Harry: 18

Camryn: 18Darcy: 1 day before her 1st Birthday

Camryn: 18
Darcy: 1 day before her 1st Birthday

The bolded titles represent the black screens that Harry puts in between each of the videos and the titles he gives to each of the videos :)

It was the kind of night that called for extra cuddles.

"Dadada,"Darcy babbled reaching her arms up towards Harry as soon as he laid her down in her crib. She had fallen asleep in his arms while he rocked her in the rocking chair after Camryn breastfed her and after a few more kisses to her sleeping figure, he tried to lay her down. But obviously Darcy had different plans.

Harry sighs, gripping her crib as he looks down at her rosy cheeks. Her hair is matted down and still damp from her bath an hour ago, the ends flipping upwards in the beginning of curls. Her big blue eyes begin to water as she reaches towards her daddy and whines, "dadada."

He knows he shouldn't give in. He should be strong and walk out the door and let her fall asleep on her own because everyone likes to remind him that she'll never be able to fall asleep alone if he keeps this kind of behavior up.

But, she's his baby.

She's his Darcy.

And for her, he'd gladly cuddle and stay awake all night.

It doesn't help that her 1st birthday is tomorrow and both him and Camryn have been emotional wrecks about it. Their baby turning one? Surely that shouldn't be allowed. Surely there should be a button they can press to stop time and always keep her their fresh little 5 pound 8 ounce newborn.

Her whines bring him back to Earth and out of his daydreams. He reaches towards her and hooks his hands around her middle, "c'mere, you little munchkin." Darcy coos happily as she grips onto Harry, her hands going to his messy curls, her favorite place to grip onto.

He walks over to the rocking chair and returns to doing what they were doing a couple of minutes ago, rocking back and forth with him marveling at how someone could be so perfect and how he got the honor of being her father.

"You're turning one tomorrow,"Harry whispers, placing her on his chest so that she can nuzzle into his neck. It's the spot she sleeps best and it has always seemed to get the job done ever since she was a couple hours old. "And I just don't think I want you to. I don't want you to grow up."

Darcy looks up at him with her big blue eyes and shoves one of her fists into her mouth, watching him as he continues to whisper down to her. "You promised me you were always going to stay little. You didn't keep that promise now did you, hmmm?" Harry nuzzles his nose against hers with a smile to make her giggle at the way it tickles. "Oh are you laughing? Do you think it's funny how you have this much power over me? How you can make me cry at just the thought of you getting older, hmmm? Is that so funny?" Darcy releases her now slobbery fist from her mouth and puts her palm on Harry's cleanly shaven cheek.