#21 Girls Talk

the day before

Bill and Fleur Weasley gave us shelter for the next weeks. The house they lived in was used as a secure place for the Order, so it was probably the safest stay to prepare our next moves and get some rest - especially me. My leg healed properly, but I underrated the amount of blood I lost and it weakened me for a few days.

El wrote her parents as soon as we decided to stay that we were all alright. Since I sent the letter to Lupin about our whereabouts, they were all walking on guts. Especially Sirius after Remus told him what happened. My best friend didn't return to Hogwarts after it needed a good hour for Luna to persuade that she would be fine on her own. Of course El offered her to stay too, but the blonde simply smiled, stroked over her girlfriends cheek and considered that she needed to help Neville and the others to keep the younger students secure, since no one else would care about them in the school. So after a few days, Luna returned to her father and back to Hogwarts as our safe source for information what was happening in the school - our home for many years.

But these weeks of staying, weeks of waiting for our next moves, for coming forward, drove me crazy. Every day was torture, was pain, was worry and a possibility more, that the people I love were already dead after my leaving.

I sent my mother a letter on the next day to say that I was okay. I was worried about her to say the least. After what happened to father, it seemed like we only had each other and leaving her in the Mansion alone, especially after Voldemort showed me that he didn't back off from killing the people I love to get me back or in his rows, was panicking me.

She didn't answer. And neither did Draco after I wrote him too.

After Harry, Hermione and Ron talked to Griphook and Ollivander the day we arrived, they caught El and me up with everything they experienced in the weeks I was gone. Ron could find them with a strange light ball coming out of his deluminator as he started to search for them two. It appeared as an Patronus which guided him to Harry. The dark-haired boy managed to find the sword of Gryffindor with which they destroyed the locket once they were reunited. Hermione told me that the ginger explained it as a lighting ball whispering his name in her voice. And even though she didn't say it, her flushed cheeks told me that she was jelly in his hands by that, she just simply wasn't showing it. Not even I could've come up with a better apologize. Not gonna lie, I was kinda proud of him.

Since Bellatrix panicked once she believed they were in her vault, Harry assured us that the Gringotts Bank was our next stop, because he sensed that the dark witch was keeping a Horcrux secure for the Lord there.

Which wasn't nearly something I could imagine to be possible.

Our preparations took their time. Since I left Malfoy Manor with nothing more then my wand, we needed to brew new Polyjuice Potion for the mission and first go to get the ingredients for it. Not everything, but not even Hermione had a infinite storage of Fluxweed in her bag, so Bill did us the honor to collect some at the next full moon. Harry expounded the idea that Hermione should transform into the dark witch to get them through the first control to the dungeons. Griphook should guide them to Bellatrix's vault afterwards, but nevertheless it seemed to be a suicide mission with the Dark Lord's ties spread like roots to the whole wizarding world.

I offered the dark-haired girl to do the job, since I sensed the simply thought about transforming into the person, who tortured her in an excruciating way, was nearly as torturing then that, but she declined. Harry instead said I should keep the Order ready to strike, because since Voldemort was in possession of the Elder wand, it was a simple matter of time until the death eaters would come and attack.

No one of us spoke it out, but we all sensed it. It was the tension everyone felt, the clouds which didn't go away and painted the sky in the dark color of dangerous times. The end was near, we knew that. A storm was coming our way and I just prayed that we would make it out alive.