#18 The Great Detention

TRIGGER WARNING FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF VIOLENCE AND TORTURING ACTS
_______________________________

#92: Dolores Jane Umbridge has replaced Albus Dumbledore as the head of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The walk towards the Great Hall felt like my own walk to the hangman. Besides, it wasn't as if the time since Draco let me stood in the corridor was any less torturing.

I immediately rushed to the dungeons, but Maribel wasn't in the dorm room. I looked for her in the Owlery next, but I couldn't find her there either. And I didn't on any other place I searched for her.

As I returned to the dungeons, Pansy and Daphne sat on the couch next to the fireplace. Their eyes were hard on me, but I couldn't care less about them. So I simply rolled my eyes as they just shrugged after I asked them about my sister's whereabouts.

That night I stayed awake in the common room, waiting for Maribel's return to the dungeons to make sure catching her up to explain myself.

I knew that I messed up, that Draco was right with what he said. But after all, he would never understand the binding between us. He didn't has a twin. And as distant and cold we were right now, there had to be a way explaining her, that this organisation, the training, was something I mainly did to protect her.

I felt asleep as the water outside the window turned from black to dark-blue and finally to greenish as the sun rose over the grounds.

Maribel hadn't returned until then.

She wasn't at breakfast, which I could gladly spend with Harry, Hermione and Ron. We didn't say anything, because they didn't dare to ask if either Draco or Maribel spoke to me and I didn't know what to say to them in general.

So, when the big detention came around, I still didn't have the chance to talk to my sister. And to be honest, after Draco revealed that he lied to me, I didn't want to talk to him even if he would give me the chance.

„I hate to admit that, but I'm pretty scared.", El breathed out as we made our way through the door. Her face was tense as the woman spotted us from the throne she sat at. She placed her mug on the little table next to it and stood up with a pleased smile, as she folded her hands in front of her chest.

The worst of all was, that she was the headmistress now. She could do whatever she wanted.

„Me too.", I said as her eyes landed on me in a way which let my blood boil and freeze in the same time.

The small tables were arranged in a way that every member of the army would face Professor Umbridge.

Since the woman replaced Dumbledore, who vanished after our organisation blew up, the school wasn't nearly home to me like it used to be. It wasn't a whole day since then, but she already managed to let the corridors and halls appear much colder, to make the laughing ringing out stop. The pictures, which greeted us and told me stories, when I was walking the halls carelessly, had been taken down. The lively corridors were empty most of the time. Only a loudspeaker memorized the rules of Umbridge every full hour.

El quickly skipped over to Luna, who already sat at one table with the smallest smile I ever saw on her lips. Harry, Hermione and Ron turned around as I walked towards the aisle to sit down on one empty seat next to the dark-haired girl, but Umbridge stopped me in my tracks.

„No, you're going to sit up front, my dear.", the woman sang in a too pleased, too intimidating way.

„Professor.", Harry quickly rose from his seat, before he shot me an unease gaze. „I'm the one who is responsible for everything. I founded the organization. If someone should be treated special, it's me, not Tiara."