#15 Broken Promises

"What are you talking about?", I asked confused while my heart was threatened to jump out my chest. It felt as if my mind tried its hardest to comprehend what Pansy just said.

Why would Draco ask my sister out for the Yule Ball?

"He just told Blaise and me. He said he wanted to ask her out for a few weeks now and finally did it. And Maribel said yes. Isn't that great?", Pansy smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She probably hoped too that the blonde boy would ask her to be his date. Although I couldn't care less.

Not even El knew what to say as she just sat next to me, not knowing how to react at all. Not even as I stood up without packing my stuff and left through the entrance of the Great Hall. My feet carried me towards the dungeons.

Why would he do that? Why would she do that?

I couldn't ignore the knot in my stomach, the wave of regret rushing right through it and the thought of Maribel actually said yes to his invitation after she herself ensured me what a bad person he was.

Did she knew?

As I pushed through the entrance of the dungeons right to the edge of the few stairs leading down to the common room, I saw Draco, Crabbe and Goyle sitting on the couches near the fire place casual chattering. As Dracos' eyes landed on my face, his smile dropped a bit. But he hadn't the chance to say anything as I simply rushed past him and up the staircase to our dorm room.

To my relief, Maribel was sitting on her bed, tracing over the fabric of her dress as I pushed myself in. She jumped a little by the sudden company and turned around with her hand on her chest.

"Merlin, Tiara, give a girl a warning, will you?", she giggled nervously as I simply crossed my arms and stationed myself in front of her.

"So, you and Draco going to the Yule Ball together?" I didn't lose time with small talk while my anger and disappointment grew in the very core of my body.

"Tiara", Maribel started and stood up. "It isn't what it looks like, okay?"

"Well so you're not going together after you just went down on me for talking to him because he's such a bad person? So you didn't say yes to that after having a fight with me, because I was simply socializing with him?", I said, rising my eyebrows at her and huffed as my sister didn't answer.

"I just wanna know why." As I let myself fall on my bed, sitting there with my hands in my lap, my gaze down as I felt the disappointment truly overwhelming the anger and tears started to fill the corner of my eyes.

"I had to", Maribel simply said. "Father told me to."

"What do you mean?", I asked as she sat herself down on her own edge of bed opposite me, mirroring my gesture.

"I lied to you as I said that he only told me to break up with Cedric. He also said that he arranged me to attend the Ball with Draco to silent up the rumors. Believe me, if I would have the chance to decline, I would", Maribel explained, but I couldn't processed her words.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I spat at her. It was frustrating that she didn't tell me in the first place. That we seemed to keep as much secrets as ever from each other. That it strangely felt like we were drifting apart and this was nothing I ever wanted to happen. Like ever.

"I didn't want to hurt you, okay?"

"So, you're just kept this detail for yourself and simply tried to get the image in my head that Draco is a bad person and I have to stay away from him? Is that it?" I really had to focus to not loose my temper.

"No, I still think he's a bad person", Maribel furrowed her eyebrows, looking at me intensely. "I don't know why this is such a big deal, you promised anyway to not get involved with him in that way. I will go on this stupid ball and that's it."