#10 Study Sessions

Compared to the last few days, the next week started pretty eventless. Since the first task and Harrys' win over the dragon along his second place in the tournament, everything around the Gryffindor table seemed to come to normality again. Ron and the dark-haired boy were friends like they were back in time, Seamus and Dean - two boys I knew from class, and which were Harrys' roommates too - seemed to be calmed down as well.

For me, I spent the beginning of the week along with the girls studying the whole time. Maribel and I didn't get a letter from our parents, which, after the Daily Prophet post, was pretty odd. But I wouldn't complain about that. Maybe now that the cat is out of the bag, she didn't have to make a fuss around her relationship and just be happy around the castle with more serenity. While Maribel was still concerned, they would keep every anger and words about that in until we'd return for Christmas break, I tried to calm her down as best as I could.

Maybe she was just lucky and the fact that Cedric is a smart and, apart from his blood status, a perfect guy, pleased them enough to accept their relationship.

But maybe she was right, and everything crashed down on us when we get home - I never said that out loud, of course.

I didn't see Draco these days outside of classrooms or the Great Hall for lunchtimes. That was fine for me, since my strange behavior in the dance lesson, I needed some space to get a clear head again. I couldn't think about a reason why the boy was getting under my skin like that. Why my pulse picked up every time he crossed my mind or when I got a glimpse of his white-blonde head somewhere.

And I couldn't ignore that I felt embarrassed for feeling that way. Draco did his best the last years to make life difficult for my friends. Especially the Gryffindors.

Feeling that kind of unease and excitement when he was around, felt wrong. And it felt wrong, that it didn't feel wrong at all. That I felt good near him.

„I'm losing my mind on this", Blaise put his quill down and leaned his head back to stretch the muscles. We stationed ourselves in the library this afternoon where I helped the Slytherin with Potion.

„Charms, Divination, History of Magic, it's all fine. But there are like a thousand ingredients. How the hell should I remember all of this", his voice was annoyed as he looked up to meet my amused gaze.

„Well, I always try to build words out of the first letter of every ingredient for every Potion and remember them. It's easier", I shrugged.

„How is that easier?", Blaise seemed stunned as he eyed me up and down, I just sat straight up.

"Well, take the swelling solution. Bat speens, dried nettles and puffer-fish eyes, right?", I started excited, looking at the boy in front of me. He simply nodded in respond clearly tried to follow.

"I take every first letter from the words and build another sentence connected to the potion. For the swelling solution it's: But swollen danger nobody finds enjoyable."

"Oh my god", Blaise chuckled. "You're joking, do you? That sentence doesn't even make sense."

"I'm not. It's my way to remember stuff", I laughed until Mrs. Pince came around the corner with a warning look and a finger raised to her mouth for signalizing, I should be quiet.

"You're an enigma, Fox", Blaise shook his head amused as he turned to his parchment again.

My friend and I stayed in the library for another hour before we headed back to the dungeon. I successfully helped Blaise with his essay, finished mine and all my studying work for Astronomy, which I was pretty proud of. I loved days like that. Sitting in the library, being productive. It made me feel like actually achieved something at the end of my day.