#4 Hot Chocolate Afternoons

Approaching Dumbledore's office was always connected with a sudden anxiety.

Not that I had to go there often in my school career.

The first time was in second grade after Harry, Hermione, Ron, Maribel and I found the first threat on the wall, written by the heir of Slytherin. At this point I thought, that he maybe wanted to make sure, that I wasn't aware of who that might be. Not gonna lie, since I wasn't involved with Draco at this point, I was convinced he was the true heir.

The second time was in third grade after Sirius was suspected in the castle. He called Maribel and me in to tell us about our parents, who got informed and immediately wanted to bring Maribel and me home. He offered us to get us to our estate if that's what we wanted, but we instead wrote a letter in return, telling them everything is fine.

Since all good things are three, I tried not to worry as I stepped in the staircase and waited for the big stone phoenix to bring me towards the office.

„Come in, Miss Fox.", the voice rung out before I could knock on the door and I took a deep, much needed breath, right before I stepped in.

„Professor Dumbledore, sir. It's nice to see you again.", I smiled at the man resting on his desk. He brought his hands up on the table, folded them in a thoughtful way as I came to a hold in front of him.

Next to his desk was a small piece of wood, clenched between two big claws. The phoenix, which rested there with his head pulled down in his feathers, looked at me curious.

„Please, feel free to sit down.", the man pointed at the chair in front of him. His face softly smiling once I took a seat and crossed my hands in my lap.

„I wanted to make sure that you're okay, Miss Fox. That's why I called you here today.", Dumbledore said, his eyes on me, looking over his glasses.

„Well, it's harder then I thought being here, but I'm good, thanks.", I smiled.

I don't know if I was convincing enough. Probably for everyone else, but the headmaster was known to read between the lines.

„I hope you're keeping my friend, Professor Slughorn, company in potions this year. I knew Professor Snape prepared you more than good in the depths of potions, so it would be a shame if you wouldn't give Horace the chance to bring you even further. I'm sure you could become a great brewer some day.", Dumbledore chuckled without lifting his gaze.

Even though I wasn't - at all - in the state to read through the potion book for the next year, I already got a glimpse on the six year's stuff, so I wouldn't have problems with catching on. My points in the O.W.Ls were perfect, so that wouldn't be a problem either.

„Of course, I was about to take Potions, Astronomy and Defense against the dark arts, professor.", I said, seemingly relieved that the conversation wasn't immediately dragged to my dead sister.

I had problems entering the dorm as soon as Draco and I returned to the dungeon. He offered me to stay in the common room a bit, but I assured that I was fine. And after two minutes standing in front of the door, I could enter.

Pansy was still awake, sitting upright on her bed, leaned against the headboard. It almost felt as if she was waiting for me to return. Her eyes softened from her tensed look once I sneaked in. And while she watched me silently stroking over Maribel's bed, before I changed into my bed robes and laid down in my own, she got comfortable herself.

„Very good, Miss Fox.", Dumbledore nodded. „But there's something else I wanted to talk about."

Here we go, the ‚how are you coping' club. But the old man's eyes weren't at all pitiful like everyone else asking me that question.