#9 Unsettling Dessert

"You said we wouldn't wear matching colors."

As I turned around to face Blaise coming down the stairs of the boy's tower, I smiled as I saw him wearing a handsome black suit, matching my black dress perfectly.

"Coincidence.", I smiled.

"A beautiful coincidence, I might say.", he raised his eyebrows and tilted his head towards the entrance. "Shall we?"

The dinner was in Slughorn's office. It was not a feast hall, but it was respectable decorated, especially the table. And with the rain rumbling on outside the castle, it was a cozy atmosphere.

We were early as we entered, Slughorn delighted to see us as he invited us in. Except for us, there were only two other people already present. One of them smiling at me lovely, the other one seemingly uncomfortable as he walked over immediately.

"Can we talk?", Harry asked, before he quickly smiled at Blaise to my right.

"If you're trying to convince me again to stay away from Draco, I'm declining.", I answered, but as I was about to walk past the boy, he quickly stepped in my way.

"Please?"

"I will reserve you a seat.", Blaise leaned in, before he headed towards the table, greeting Hermione who already took a place.

Harry and I took a few steps into the room, to be shielded from any other student entering the office.

"I'm really not in the mood okay? Draco and I don't even talk these days, you can save your breath.", I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of me.

"I wanted to apologize.", he quickly interrupted me and settled his gaze down on me, waiting until I was looking at him.

"I need prove, until I say something like that. And you were right, I don't have prove for that.", Harry said. "And what I said to you about you closing up because of - Maribel's -"

"Please.", I laid my hand on his arm, scared he could say what I didn't want to hear.

"I had no right to say something. I simply had no right. I'm sorry."

The way he looked at me, I knew he was honestly regretting our fight. And by Draco literally vanishing from my vision whenever he had the chance, I needed him.

Harry was there for me, especially in the time I stayed with him and Sirius. He even offered me to spend Christmas with him, although my mother insisted to come home.

"It's okay.", I smiled. "I forgive you."

"Good, so let's go, I'm hungry.", he shot me a smile, before he guarded me back to the table.

To my amusement, Blaise waited and pulled back my chair for me to sit down. Surprisingly the seat next to Hermione stayed empty even after Slughorn opened the dinner.

The dinner was delicious and the company of Blaise really helped me through the truly boring conversations. The simply eyes we threw each other from time to time were enough to kept me entertained. At least up to a point.

"And what about your uncle, McLaggen?", Slughorn asked interested, not taking one bit of his dessert yet. The man turned towards the remaining members. "I had the pleasure of teaching Damocles. Outstanding Wizard and his order of Merlin most well-deserved. You should know, Miss Fox. Do you see a lot of your uncle, Marcus?"

Blaise gave a little cough that was supposed to become a laugh, but he suppressed it with the sight of the boy quickly swallowing the ice creme he shoved in his mouth.

"Not much, no.", the Gryffindor then answered, seemingly not interested to talk about his family.

"Of course, he's a busy man. I doubt he invented the Wolfsbane Potion without considerable hard work."