61|elias stilinski

Start from the beginning

"Something tells me that that's not what we're looking for."

"Maybe Malia's found something. Or Lydia."

I shook my head, "Malia is in a make-up test and Lydia is submitting a project. We're on our own."

As Scott began to type on the laptop in hopes of finding a different result, a howl echoed through the school halls. The two of us looked at each other, immediately knowing it was Malia.

Getting up from the table, Scott shoved the laptop into his bag and then we were both moving. I followed behind Scott who led the way with his keen sense of smell.

If she was howling, that meant she had shifted again. Even though I was sure we would've found her eventually, it needed to be as soon as possible given that it was the middle of a school day.

Rushing through the halls, we ended up back in the room where Lydia and I had found Malia just the previous night. Ms Martin and the Sheriff had caught up with us on the search, following us into the room.

Malia was in coyote form, hidden away in the corner. She growled defensively as we grew closer, fangs bared and eyes glowing blue.

I stepped past Scott and closer to my sister, holding my hands up to show I wasn't going to hurt her.
"Mal, it's okay. You're safe. No one will hurt you, I promise."

"I think she's calming down," Scott claimed, although as she growled at me, I found that hard to believe.

"Maybe you should growl back?" The sheriff suggested to the Alpha. "Riley, step back."

Reluctantly, I did as I was told. Malia's growling had grown worse, and this had to be about her, not my personal feelings. Scott looked at the sheriff, unsure of himself.

The sheriff looked at the boy, "Scott, you're the Alpha. Can't you just make her a little more docile?"

Scott and I looked to Malia, whose growling was becoming more prominent. I felt empathy for the girl. With everything that was happening she was struggling to control her change. I hadn't seen her at a loss for control in such a long time, and until we figured out who was missing, I wasn't sure how to help her.

But then, something occurred to me. Maybe she didn't need our help right now. Malia came here when she felt scared - it was like her own coyote den. It reminded me of the time we had been looking for her before we'd met her, and figured that she wasn't going to come back since we'd been there.
"We're trespassing," I mumbled to myself.

"What was that, Riley?" The sheriff asked.

"Malia isn't the problem right now," I told him, before looking to Scott. "We are. We're trespassing on her territory. So, maybe the better option is to just leave."

When Malia began to growl louder, Scott nodded in agreement. "Yeah, come on, come on."
He ushered us all away from Malia, leading us to the other side of the shelf.

As we waited for Malia to calm down, I noticed the sheriff and Lydia's mum looking at me with confused looks.
"This is where she came to get through the full moons before we started using the lake house," I explained.

"Lydia told me a wild animal got in the lake house," Mrs Martin told me.

My mouth fell open for a moment as I stumbled to cover up my mistake. "Uh, I mean, it could be worse. Right?" I said weakly.

When Malia's growling finally died down, I glanced around the shelf to see the girl walking out from the corner buck nude. "It's all right. I'm okay."

Scott and the sheriff looked away awkwardly while Mrs Martin brought forward the clothes that the were coyote had left behind in her office. Malia accepted the handful of clothes, getting dressed right on the spot.