Chapter 52 - Race

Začať od začiatku

Spot opens his camera, making sure he got Race and him in it.

He just smiles, his eyes looking at Race in the camera.

Race held up a peace sign, because he knew at least one boy from each group would do this, and smiled.

Spot chuckles as he clicks the picture.

"Albert tagged his as a 'sick house selfie'," Spot informs Race, typing. "So we'll tag ours as a 'hospital selfie'." He decides.

Race laughs. "Perfect."

He turns back to his phone, that was still recording.

"You know the best part?" He asks Spot, laughing a bit to himself.

Spot looks at him, immediately noticing his phone. He chuckles. "You got that whole thing on camera?" He asks.

"I got that whole thing on camera." Race answers with a cheeky smile.

Spot shakes his head, chuckling.

Race holds up the phone again. "Anyway, I think it's just Spot and I today." He informs the camera.

Spot slips his arms around Race's waist, placing his chin on Race's shoulder. "That's right." He presses a soft kiss to Race's cheek.

Race blushes a bit, smiling. "I think this is the first day I've been alone with him for about three months." He states.

Spot nods, pressing another kiss to Race's cheek.

Race turns his head to look at his boyfriend. "Clingy much?" He asks with a small tone of a tease in his voice.

Spot smiles proudly. "You don't mind it." He accuses.

"Never said I did." Race responds, pressing a soft kiss to Spot's cheek.

Spot's face went red, and his eyes wide, having not expected that.

Race giggles a bit. "I made you blush," he sings teasingly as he poked different parts of Spot's face.

Thankfully, Spot was spared from his embarrassment by a text from the group chat.

Spot pulls out his phone.

He immediately bursts out laughing.

Race looks at him, confused.

Spot hands him the phone.

Race looks at it, before he bursts out laughing as well.

He places his phone propped up against the window again.

"Blink and Mush-" Race inhales deeply, still laughing a lot. "They're babysitting for Blink's aunt."

"And the girl they're babysitting did Blink's makeup." Spot finishes.

Race starts giggling harder, his stomach starting to hurt because of it.

Spot looks at him, chuckling softly.

Blink looked really annoyed in the picture while Mush and the little girl, Alison, were grinning.

Mush tagged it 'blush master selfie' because of their ship name and the fact that Alison used a lot of blush.

Race turns to face his Soulmate. "Can I do your makeup?" He asks.

"Absolutely not." Spot answers shortly.

Race giggles, turning back to face the camera. "Vote for me to do Spot's makeup." He tells them. "We can do it if we have enough votes!" He exclaims.

Spot starts tickling him, smirking.

"Hey!" Race squeals, giggling.

The door opens.

The two boys immediately stop, Race panting for breath.

Two nurses walk into the room, small smiles on their faces.

"You're making me miss my boyfriend." The male nurse mumbles, looking at his clipboard.

The female nurse chuckles.

Spot and Race smile softly, Spot sitting next to Race on his hospital bed, instead of with Race in front of him and his arms around Race's waist.

These two were nurses Spot had never seen before and he quickly noticed something about the female nurse.

"Excuse me, Miss." she looks up at him. "I was just wondering if the pin on your rainbow lanyard means anything?" Spot asks.

The nurse smiles. "My wife of twenty years and I are both part of the LGBTQ+ community." She responds with a wink.

Spot smiles, seeing Race's blue eyes light up at this.

"Now," the nurse starts. "We need to check your vitals." She informs Race.

Race groans, flipping backwards on the bed. "That's my least favorite part." He mutters.

The two nurses chuckle.

"It usually is everyone's." The male nurse responds.

Race nods, sitting up.

Spot takes his hand, squeezing it softly.

"Why are couples these days so cute?" He swore he heard the male nurse mutter.

The three others in the room chuckle.

1242 Words
If everything goes as planned, Soulmates will be done in two weeks :( it's sad, but not. I've been working on this book forever.
If you haven't already, please go vote on what book you want to read next. (It's on my profile.)