Chapter 27- More Than Anything

Tanya's POV.

   The next few days went by in an awkward silence. Harry and Brianne still refused to talk to each other, Bree's parents stayed politely to themselves, and Cody and Josh decided to camp out in the basement with their video games. Niall and I spent most of our time in our guest room. It was fully equipped with a mini-fridge, on suite bathroom, a flat-screen television, and even a wood fireplace. To say it was the most comfortable room in the house was an understatement. Oddly enough, we didn't talk much. I think you can say that I'm more....stable, for lack of a better word. Thoughts of my father mainly filled my brain now. I actually didn't feel sorry for him or miss him as much as I should. I guess he was away from home so often, things didn't feel much different.

   I watched Niall, who was starring at the t.v screen intently. His hair was still damp from his earlier shower. His hair was slowly returning to it's natural brown, he clearly hadn't bleached it lately. The more I thought about Niall, the more I realize how little I know about him. We knew nothing about each other, absolutely nothing. Which I suppose is what made it easier to be around him these past few days. He was the easiest person to talk to when it came to my...situation. I could practically feel myself becoming closer to him, despite our lack of knowing each other. He was a genuine, caring guy, who truly cared about my well-being.

   "What are you staring at?" Nialls voice asked, snapping me back into reality. 

   "Urm, well, you kinda." I admitted shyly.

   He chuckled softly and slipped his phone out of his pocket, "You Know We're going to have to fly back to England soon." he murmured, "They'll start to wonder where we are. I already 6 emails from Zayn and 10 from Liam."

   I crawled across the bed and grabbed my phone that was charging on the table. There were 4 missed calls from Lindsay, 9 missed texts from El, and 56 missed calls from Lou. Typical. Niall noticed the amused look on my face and smirked knowingly.

   "Louis better not be sending my girlfriend too much love." he scolded teasingly, earning a laugh from me.

   There was a small knock on the door and Harry's mass of curls popped into the room. His eyes were swollen and puffy, with dark lines forming below them. His usually not-so-tidy hair was even more crazy, locks sticking this way and that. Poor guy looked like he hadn't had a wink of sleep in days, which he probably hadn't. No doubt he had been crying too...a lot.

   "I made flight arrangements for the five of us to fly back to England in two days." he croaked, his voice raspy and dry, as if he hadn't used it much lately. Once again, he probably hadn't.

   "Five of us?" I asked.

   He nodded slightly and gave Niall an encouraging glance before leaving. Niall's face turned bright red, "Well, yeah, I made plans for your brother to stay with my family until we're out of school."

   I was too stunned to even speak. How could he possibly thinking so far ahead? Our relationship is barely even stable! How could his parents possibly be ok with this, I haven't even met them. Niall must have a lot of confidence in our relationship. More so than me...by a land slide. I watched as Niall stood from the bed and began to pack his clothes into his suitcase. Reminding me that I only had two days to pack both Cody's and my stuff. 

   I slowly exited the room and found Cody. I still had nightmares about Cody. Not that I'm afraid of him in anyway, I mean, he is my brother and all. It's just, he killed our mother....with a pocket knife. I'm honestly scared of his future. What will become of him? I mean, at such a young age, he killed his own mother. Worst of all though, he was proud of it! What kind of sick mind would be proud of something like that, clearly something happened between the time I left for Uni and the time of mom's death. I plan on finding out what.

   A few hours later, I had my entire suitcase repacked and half of Cody's wardrobe stuffed in his own suitcases. Brianne had finally emerged from her dungeon long enough to help me. Her bags were already packed and ready, apparently as of the day she and Harry fought. Like Harry, she was a complete mess. And I say that in the nicest way possible. Her makeup, now faded, smudged, and smeared, was still on her face even though she had applied it the day we arrived here. Her hair obviously hadn't been brushed or tended to for a while, and it was painfully clear that she hadn't showered lately either. At least Harry had the decency to shower.

   "Bree, I don't understand why you're so upset with Harry." I confessed.

   Her eyes glazed over with a pained expression, "No, you wouldn't, nobody would."

   Ok, I'm not going to pretend that didn't hurt. Cause it did. A lot. What's her problem? I rubbed me eyes slightly before meeting her gaze once again, "What happened to us? We used to be best friends. We told each other everything, but now....over the past few days....things have changed. We've changed."

   "I agree."

   That's it? She agrees? What the heck is her problem?

   "You agree. Ok well at least we're kind of on the same page." I sighed sarcastically.

   "Ugh," she groaned, "You don't understand."

   "No, I don't, you're right. So please explain it to me!" I exclaimed, "Explain everything to me."

   She shook her head slowly, "It wouldn't change anything. I broke up with Harry, that happens. Now we're going back to school so we can move on with our lives."

   She's not going to tell me any more than that. That much is clear. I watched sadly as she exited my room, slamming the door closed behind her. I quickly finished packing and pulled the luggage down the stairs. Niall said he was going to take all of the suitcases out to the car when everyone was done packing, so there wasn't anything left to do except wait for the others to finish.

   I slowly made my way into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of apple juice. Bree's parents went out to do some shopping, so the house was relatively quiet. I could hear the boys playing video games in the basement and the feint snores echoing from Niall and I's room. Bree had music blasting in her room, I could tell from the pounding bass that's vibrating the floor. That only leaves Harry, I wonder what he's doing. I wonder what could have possibly happened between him and Bree to break each other. Cause that's exactly what's happened. They're broken, they're broken but not beyond repair. Not yet anyway.

   Harry is my friend. He really is. But in my mind, the only logical thing that could have made Bree as angry as she is has to be his doing. It's the only thing that makes sense. Brianne in a level minded person, even in the worst of times. That's just one reason why we're such good friends, she keeps me grounded. What I want to know is what went on between those two and what I can do to fix it.

   I was pulled out of my thoughts when Harry strode into the room, "Almost ready to go?" he asked with a wide smile.

   How is he suddenly ok with everything? Honestly, this guy switches emotions like I switch socks. Yes, I will admit, I switch socks at least twice a day. Don't judge.

   "Can I ask you a serious question?"

   He nods hesitantly, "Anything."

   "Do you love Brianne?"

   He doesn't even blink, "More than everything."

   Suddenly Brianne herself enters the room, "Do you really mean that?"

   I couldn't help but giggle slightly. The look of pure shock that plastered Harry's face was enough to make anyone laugh. His eyes were wide and his cheeks were turning a pale shade of pink. 

   "Of course I do." he murmured.

   She gasped softly, tears welling up in her eyes, "I love you too."