Chapter 26- Over

Brianne's POV.

   Knock! Knock! Knock!

  What was that? Who could be at the door at this time of night? Harry! I hopped from the couch and sprinted to the door. How dare he leave me like that! He's an ass! A sweet, good looking, insanely charming ass. I slowly turned the door knob, bracing myself for a rush of anger that I was sure to get the second I laid eyes on the skittish moron. The second the door was open I regretted doing it. Harry had puffy red eyes, no doubt from crying. His hair was sticking in every single direction possible.

   "Br-Brianne," Harry stuttered.

   "Harry." I replied coldly.

   "Look, I know your mad. You have every right to be, you really do." he began, "I'm so so so sorry. I shouldn't have left you, I just-I just couldn't handle it."

   "No Harry, you shouldn't have." I spit, "I really needed you, but you weren't there for me."

   "Please," Harry whispered, "Please forgive me. I think-"

   "You think what Harold? What could you possibly be thinking right now?" I wailed.

   "I think I love you." 

   I let out a strangling noise and slammed the door. I didn't know what else to do. What could I do? I was shocked. He loves me. But he still left me, he left me when I needed him most. When I really needed someone to be there for not only me, but Tanya too. I could hear him shuffling his feet on the other side of the door. There was another, softer sound as well, could he be...crying?

   I opened the door slightly. There was Harry, his hands over his face and his knees pulled up to his chest. I didn't know what to think. I made him do that? I drove Harry Styles to tears?

   "Brianne," he suddenly sobbed, "Why are you crying?"

   I hadn't noticed the tears rolling over my cheeks until he mentioned them. Could that be possible? Am I crying simply because Harry was crying? I'm not usually one to cry, ask anyone. To have a boy drive me to tears so easily was unnerving. I felt a pair of warm hands cupping my face and suddenly Harry's lip captured mine. I was still for a second, I wasn't sure what to do. Kiss him back? Duh.

   "Bree I'm sorry!" Harry gasped as he pulled away.

   "Why did you leave?" I sighed softly.

   "I-I can't," Harry muttered, "I can't tell you."

   Can't tell me? Is Haryy cheating on me? Is that why he's acting strange and sneaking off?

   "Why not?" I squeaked.

   "Please just trust me babe," Harry murmured, "It's hard to explain.

   "No Harry, it's not, just-just please leave."

   "Bria-"

   "No Harry, stop, it's over. Goodbye." I did it again. I closed the door in his face. And this time, I didn't look back, I ran upstairs and into my room.

   Harry's POV.

   That's that. It's over. Brianne left me because I was a coward and now I have nothing left to live for. My one and only joy in life, aside from music, just slipped through my fingers. Never to return. Why does this stuff always happen to me? First my mother died, then my father went to prison, and now the love of my life is gone forever. All because Kelly cheated on me with my best friend and I got hit by a car.

   I could have made Kelly happy if she had given me the chance. I could have been a better boyfriend and I could have provided more for her. She didn't give me the chance and, in a way, it almost turned out to be better. I couldn't blame Kelly or Austin for the accident. Even though it was Austin who hit me.

   Didn't I mention that part? Oops, must of slipped my mind. Yes, Austin was the driver of the car that put me in a coma. Kelly was in the car at the time too. Ironic isn't it? As if my life wasn't broken enough, they still had to kick me when I'm down. And boy did I go down. I was flung 5 meters down the road. I hit a street lamp and then smashed my skull against the sidewalk.

   But enough living in the past. I have to find somewhere to stay tonight, since I doubt I'm welcome to stay here. It would be too awkward and painful anyway. Tanya and Niall would ask too many questions and Brianne would most likely ignore me. Which to be honest, is worse than her yelling at me. At least then I could hear her voice. Her voice always comforts me.

   I was pulled from my thoughts when the door opened once again, to reveal a very worn out Niall.

   "Harry!" he exclaimed, "What are you doing here? Where did you go?"

   "Just out," I muttered, "for a walk."

   Niall's expression softened, "We were so worried. Are you alright now?"

   I nodded in reply, "Did you clean up her cuts?"

   Niall's entire face paled and his jaw clenched tightly, "How did you know about her cuts?"

   "Because I cut....when my mom died."

   Tears welled up in Niall's eyes as he pulled me into a huge hug. It was comforting. Niall was always comforting, he was like a life sized teddy bear who gave million dollar hugs.

   "That's why you left?" he murmured and I nodded again.

   "I'm sorry man, I shouldn't have left." I sighed.

   "It's all good." he assured me, "Bree will just be glad to see that you're safe and sound. Come on in." he said and stepped into the house.

   When I didn't follow him, he turned around and gave me a quizzical look, "Hazz?"

   "I can't. Bree doesn't want me." I whispered, not entirely trusting my full voice. I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes.

   "Of course she wants you!" Niall retorted happily, "She's your girlfriend after all."

   Suddenly Brianne appeared at the bottom of the stairs, her eyes roamed between me and Niall.

   "Actually, no, I'm not." she said coldly.