Chapter 16- Is This True

Tanya's POV

Niall had ran into my room in an excited rush. He threw a small object in my direction and when I caught it I recognized Brianne's phone.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Don't give it to Brianne, whatever you do, or she'll ruin everything" he warned and plopped onto my bed.

Suddenly Bree stormed into the room in a furious hurry, Harry followed close behind and slammed the door. Bree's face was turning bright red, that only happens when she's really really really upset.

"Did I miss something?"

"Only the biggest cat fight this school has ever seen." Harry grumbles

"Explanation please?"

"That facking cheater!" Bree turns to me, "Liam, I just caught Liam and Jessa"

"Liam and Jessa doing what?"

"Cuddling-" Niall says

"They were doing more than cuddling!" Bree seethes, his hand was in her top!"

I stare at them for a moment, they're kidding right? Liam would never do that to Lindsay, he's responsible, kind, and not to mention caring.

I glance questioningly at Niall, he doesn't even meet my gaze. He just stares at the ground. Harry's expression is no different, obviously both boys had looked up to their older friend.

"You don't believe me? Ask him yourself, and while your at it, give me back my phone so I can call Lindsay!" Bree demands.

Instead I heed Niall's warning and pull out my own phone, I'm going to get to the bottom of this mess. Starting with the source.

~*~

I sat with Liam at the restaurant across the street from campus. The cute little cafe had a modern yet classy feel to it. I looked up at the florescent red sign, it read Dewdrop Cafe. What a cute name, gosh I love England and their sweet sense of style.

"Have you been here before?" I ask casually, trying to make conversation and ease the awkward tension.

He shifted his weight uncomfortably, his gaze dropped slowly to his feet,"Yeah, a couple times with Lindsay"

"Oh..."

We both fell into an awkward silence. The waitress came and I ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream. Liam ordered tea and a scone.

"Please just yell at me like everyone else, and get it over with" He blurted out.

I glanced at him threw my eyelashes. His eyes were swollen and red, his hair was pointing in all different directions, and his cheeks were blotchy from crying. He was an absolute mess but he still looked amazing.

"I'm not going to yell at you, I'm here to talk to you. I think you've been yelled at enough for one day, you can thank Brianne for that" I said with a soft chuckle.

"Thank you" he croaked weakly.

This confirms what Bree said, Liam had defiantly cheated on Lindsay. He clearly felt awful about what he had done though, that much was evident.

Even though he was still much taller than me, even sitting, he looked broken and weak. I pitied the poor guy. What he did was obviously wrong, in many different ways, but nobody deserved to be treated like this.

"Why?" he asks

"Why what?" I ask, puzzled.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I was a terrible boyfriend to your friend. Everyone else has the perfect right to yell at-"

"Don't" I raise my hand to interrupt his sentence, "Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Which is why I'm here. Quite frankly I don't care why you did it. Your still a good guy, I'm sure you were just confused."

And it was true. I don't see him any differently, he's still the same guy that I met the first day at UAL. Brianne has a way of overreacting when it comes to things like this.

A sniffle drew my attention back to Liam. He was crying, again. "Do you want to go back to your dorm?" I ask quietly.

He nodded lamely. I paid the waitress and led Liam into the street. The sky had clouded over and was now threatening to rain.

Once we were inside, I hurried Liam into his room. People didn't need to see him crying. Public embarrassment wasn't a proper form of punishment. I had a feeling that Lindsay would have to be the one doing the punishing in this case.