i love you [Part 2]

T/W Mentions of cutting, overdosing, and suicide (sorry)

Billie's POV

"Billie?" Finneas called through the door.

"No." I replied.

"I didn't even ask a question." He said in return.

I heard the door open and the floorboards of my room creaking. I picked up the blanket so I could see my brother's soft smile.

"Look, you need to tell me what's up." Finneas said.

"I messed up. That's what happened." I muttered.

"How?" He asked.

"I told Y/N I liked her." I said, quietly.

"Okay... is that all?" 

"No, she told me she loved me and I responded with 'I like you'." I whispered.

"Why would you do that?" Finneas asked, throwing me a confused look.

"I was nervous. I guess I didn't wanna get... too attached that if we broke up or something... I'd be all mopey and shit." I replied.

But I was attached. I'm depressed and shit now. Because I loved Y/N. I just never told her.

Swiftly, I jumped out of bed and ran into Finneas' room to get my notebook from there and started writing.

"What are you doing?" My older brother asked. 

"Writing a new song for Y/N." I said.

Using a red pen, I wrote on the lined paper:

"It's not true
Tell me I've been lied to
Cryin' isn't like you

What the hell did I do?
Never been the type to
Let someone see right through"

~ About a week later ~

3rd Person POV

"Billie, are you ready?" Finneas' voice rang throughout the house.

"Yeah." Billie replied walking out of her brother's bedroom with a guitar.

The two siblings got into their black Dodge Challenger and drove to Y/N's house.

~ 10 minutes later ~

The brother and sister sat in the car and watched Y/N's house quietly.

Billie was running the chords and lyrics through her head while quietly drumming on the base of the acoustic guitar. 

They stayed like this for a few minutes until Finneas finally said something.

"You think we should play the song louder?" 

Billie laughed nervously and got out of the car, Finneas following suit.

"Y/N?" Billie called, knocking on the frame door.

The door slowly opened and Y/N's eyes widened before hasting to close the door. The blonde pushed her foot into the crack of the door to prevent it from closing.

"Look, I wrote a song for you... Please listen to it, Y/N." Billie pleaded.

Y/N took a look around and saw Finneas tuning the guitar and Billie's sorry gray-ish eyes.

"Fine." She replied.

Billie smiled a little and ran over to Finneas.

Then, she started singing.

"It's not true
Tell me I've been lied to
Cryin' isn't like you
Ooh

What the hell did I do?
Never been the type to
Let someone see right through
Ooh

Maybe won't you take it back?
Say you were tryna make me laugh
And nothin' has to change today
You didn't mean to say, "I love you"
I love you and I don't want to
Ooh

Up all night on another red eye
I wish we never learned to fly
I
Maybe we should just try
To tell ourselves a good lie
I didn't mean to make you cry
I

Maybe won't you take it back?
Say you were tryna make me laugh
And nothin' has to change today
You didn't mean to say, "I love you"
I love you and I don't want to
Ooh

The smile that you gave me
Even when you felt like dyin'We fall apart as it gets dark
I'm in your arms in Central Park

There's nothin' you could do or say
I can't escape the way I love you
I don't want to, but I love you

Ooh

Ooh

Ooh

Ooh

Ooh"

Y/N could feel tears welling up in her eyes as the lyrics resounded in her head and made her remember how she sprung the words 'I love you' on Billie out of nowhere.

"Y/N, I really am sorry. I just didn't expect to hear that from you. I love you. I love you a lot and... just forgive me." The blonde pleaded, holding Y/N's hands.

"Wait-" Billie started before Y/N took her arms away and suddenly became frightful.

"Y/N, did you-"

"No."

"Are you okay?" Billie asked.

The worried 19-year-old saw that there were cuts and scars on Y/N's arms before confronting her about it.

"Yeah." Y/N muttered.

Quickly, Billie wrapped her arms around Y/N.

"Y/N, you're amazing. I love you so much." She whispered into Y/N's ear.

Tears fell down Y/N's face as she wrapped her arms around Billie in return.

"I'm sorry, I was such an idiot." Y/N apologized.

"We both were, then." 

~ A month and a half later ~

"BILLIE! BILLIE! BILLIE!" The crowd chanted outside the Greek Theater. 

"Go!" Y/N said, rushing Billie on stage in the dark.

The lights turned on and Finneas was seen holding the same guitar from when Billie performed 'i love you' to Y/N and he was sitting on a bed. 

"It's not true

Tell me I've been lied to
Cryin' isn't like you"

Billie started singing as the bed slowly started lifting up.

Y/N watched backstage, admiring her girlfriend who originally wrote that song for her.