Chapter 16: There Goes The Neighbourhood

Toni's POV

I decided that I couldn't wait any longer to see Bonnie and called her. We met in a park, a few miles out from Mystic Falls.

I was waiting for her in human form. I looked at the beautiful flowers and there was a pond a few feet away, which I was looking at. There were fishes swimming around in the pool and it looked amazing.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I kept facing the pond. Bonnie came and sat down next to me. I drew my sight away from the pond to look at her. She looked just as beautiful as I remembered and maybe even more.

"Hey," I greeted, smiling at her.

"Hi," she greeted back, turning her attention to the pond. However, I didn't draw my eyes away from the Bennett witch. I examined her, seeing her reactions. When she saw a new fish, her eyes would slightly widen, in awe of the peace. As if she noticed me staring, she turned to face me but quickly looked away as her cheeks turned red. I smirked slightly.

"What did you need to tell me?" I asked her. She suddenly looked all nervous and my smile disappeared as I became worried.

"Umm... I don't really know how to tell you this. I-uhm... I really like you. Like, like like you. As in I think you're really attractive, smart and I would like to be more than friends with you. Except if you don't want to, which you probably don't, because you are-" Bonnie started ranting, but I cut her off by placing my lips on hers.

She tasted like strawberries, because of her lipgloss. Her lops were soft and plump. It was the best kiss I had ever had. She leaned into the kiss more. I knew we wouldn't have sex or anything, but I still didn't ever want to stop kissing her.

I sucked slightly on her bottom lip, asking for access which she granted. I quickly dominated and explored her wonderful mouth with my tongue. I was quickly addicted to the taste that was Bonnie Bennett. I had quickly decided that it was one of the best days of my life.

With a lot of self-control and sadness from my side, I pulled away from her and stared into her eyes.

"Does that answer your question?" I asked her, knowing that before she was trying to ask if I would be her girlfriend. We both smiled widely, since we were both extremely happy.

...

I read through my text messages as I sat in my car, getting ready to drive back to Mystic Falls. There were only two. One was from Matt telling me that his mom was back in town. The other was from Jenna, wondering where I was. I told Jenna that I just headed out of town and would be back soon,I then had a conversation with Matt and telling him that I was sure his mom would stay...maybe.

I drove to Mystic Falls and layed down, with a smile on my face. I was no longer single. I had a girlfriend and her name was Bonnie Bennett.

...

It was the morning and I got changed, still having a wide smile on my face. I went to school, walking and enjoying the fresh air.

I was at my locker, exchanging some books when I saw Elena and Stefan at her locker. I headed towards the pair, still smiling brightly. They looked at me as if I was wearing a sign on my head saying that I was a creep.

"What's wrong? Have I got something on my face?" I asked them, confused but still smiling slightly.

"No, you just look really happy. I don't think I've ever seen anyone smile as wide as you are right now," Elena commented.

"I just feel extra happy today. What's so wrong about that?" I asked them.

"Nothing, it's great to see you smile," Elena commented.

Elena's POV

Before the car crash when our parent's died, my older sister was the happiest person in the world. She always wore a wide smile, and was popular in school. They used to say that the years Toni Gilbert was at the school, we're the happiest everyone had ever been.

There was a rumor that Toni's smile was infectious and just seeing it, would make you feel happy. It was true. So when Toni stopped smiling, it was strange.

She hadn't smiled a smile like the ones she used to for a year. All she did was smile small smiles that weren't out of happiness. So, seeing Toni smile one of her old smiles, bought a smile to my face. It was strange, but a good strange. She looked so happy. I didn't want anything to ruin it.

Toni's POV

Stefan and Elena left. I saw Caroline and Matt coming down the hallway. Then Matt left, so I walked over to Caroline, with a bright smile on my face still.

"Hey, Care," I greeted, smiling. She looked shocked for a moment before she returned the smile.

"Hey, Toni," she greeted back, but she wasn't as enthusiastic as per usual.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, lowering my smile slightly, but was still smiling.

"Matt's mom hates me," Caroline stated. I gave her a smile.

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you. Who could hate you? You're too amazing to hate," I complimented her and she returned the favour.

"Okay, what happened? You're way to happy to be at school," she asked me. I smiled. Bonnie and I agreed that we would keep our relationship from Elena and others, but we agreed that we could tell one person each.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But, you can't tell anyone! Especially Elena," I told her.

"Okay, fine," she complained. I smiled brighter at the words I was about to say.

"I officially have a girlfriend called Bonnie Bennett," I told her and she lit up.

"Oh my god!" Caroline stated and ran towards me giving me a hug as I hugged her back. I laughed out of happiness, and amusement of Caroline's reaction.

"I know," I chuckled back, smiling brightly.