Chapter 14: Fool Me Once

Elena's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I sat up, not knowing where I was or what happened. In a chair, there was a bartender from the Mystic Grill. I looked around, trying to find an exit I could escape by. Behind the man, who was sitting on a chair, was a white door.

I took a chance, throwing my legs off of the bed, hovering them above the floor. I slowly and cautiously stood up. I kept my eyes on the sleeping man on the chair. I stepped over the chair leg, silently. I then tried to go over to the door.

I managed to get to the door, but there was a chain. I looked back at the man, only to see he was still asleep. I slid the chain as quietly as possible, holding back a wince when it made too loud of a noise. I managed to undo the chain. There was still a lock on the door. I put my hand on it and twisted it to the left. I put my hand on the door handle, ready to open the door and get out of the room.

"I wouldn't," a voice said behind me, causing me to turn round, shocked. The man had woken up.

Toni's POV

When I woke up, Elena wasn't at home, again. I assumed she was at her boyfriends house. I got into the shower, letting the warm water run down my bare skin. I relaxed. At that moment, a lot of things and drama was happening, and it was exhausting for me. I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself. I went into my room, and jumped back, seeing Damon sitting on my bed.

"What the hell Damon?!" I asked him, hugging the towel closer to my body.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were in the shower," Damon apologised.

"Did Damon Salvatore just say sorry?" I sarcastically questioned him, smiling.

"Ha ha. Very funny," Damon commented, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, now, I'm going into the bathroom to change," I told him. He nodded as I turned around and entered the bathroom again, closing the door behind me. I dried my body off and changed into clothes. I then exited the bathroom, drying my wet hair with a towel.

"What did you need?" I asked him, curious.

"I just needed someone to talk to," He admitted, looking at the floor. I smiled, sitting next to him on the bed and encouraged him to talk to me.

He told me about everything that happened, and apparently I missed a lot. Stefan and Elena betrayed Damon after Damon put his trust in them, and apparently it hurt him a little bit.

"Okay, do you want to hear my advice?" I asked him. He nodded.

"First of all, if the can't be trusted, they can't be trusted. Don't trust them if you think that they can't be trusted or have proven that in the past. Second of all, if they can't see that all you want to do is be with your true love, then their loss. They wouldn't get it, since they have their true love right next to them," I advised him.

"Thanks, Toni. I get why your siblings always come to you for advice. Your great at it," Damon complimented.

"Thank you, Mr Salvatore," I thanked him.

"Your welcome, Miss Gilbert," He replied.

Elena's POV

I tried to escape but a girl stopped me, putting me inside another room. I tried to find the light switch, since it was very dark in the room. I assumed it was a bathroom. I eventually found the light switch, and turned the lights on. They flickered for a moment, before properly turning on. I attempted to open the door, but it wouldn't open. Then I saw the bathtub. Inside the bathtub was an unconscious Bonnie. She looked really uncomfortable. I rushed over to her, checking her pulse to see if she was alive. I felt her pulse, so ended up just holding her face in my hands.