Chapter 7: Haunted

Toni's POV

It had been 2 days since Elena found out about the supernatural and she didn't know that I knew. Me and Damon decided that we could use the plan we came up with when he needed leverage against Stefan or Elena. I had continued to text him but we thought it would be suspicious if we kept seeing eachother, as friends of course.

I told Jeremy that I was a lesbian and he was okay with it, he was actually quite happy because then he could talk about girls with me, which I found fine since Vicki was still "missing" and Jeremy was worried. The newly turned vamp had actually been staying with the Salvatores so they could help her control the blood lust. Other than that, everything was pretty normal.

I had continued to train and practise in my spare time in secret. I didn't tell anyone what I was or what I was doing, leading Aunt Jenna, Elena and Jeremy to be keeping a very close eye on me. Jenna found my pocket knife and I lied to her, saying that because of the animal attacks, I wanted to protect myself and she bought it.

Turns out, I was great at lying and keeping secrets. Every couple of days, I ended up skipping school, not because I simply didn't want to, but I was busy. Damon told me how Emily said he could open the tomb and so I began trying to find out if it was true. I was multitasking, and I was okay with it.

Elena wanted to go to the boarding house to see Stefan for one reason or another and so I offered to go with her, mainly because she wanted to drive my car and I was very protective of it. I stayed in the car, with the windows down when we got there. Elena told me she didn't want me to come with her into the house, and I teased her by saying it was because she was going to have sex with Stefan. She just glared at me and rolled my eyes when I gave her an innocent smile. I was waiting in the car, playing games in my phone while the radio played some new song by some popular musician. Damon came up to the car and knocked on the window, scaring me a little, making me flinch slightly before rolling down the window. He pointed at his ear then slightly diverted his sight to the window of a house, where Stefan and Elena were watching. Stefan was probably listening in with his vampire hearing.

"How can I help you?" I asked him, playing along.

"Well, I just wanted to talk to you. We met only once and didn't have a conversation because of our siblings being present," He explained, lying slightly, with a smirk.

"Oh yeah. Stefan's brother. Damon, right?" I asked him, faking a look of realisation. His smirk just widened.

"That's right. You know, we should get to know each other. Considering our siblings were dating," He stated, lying again.

"Might as well. I've got nothing to do. How about tomorrow night? My place?" I asked him.

"Sounds great," He agreed. Then he smirked and walked away. Elena came out of the house, looking pissed. She got into the passenger seat and I looked at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. Just boy problems. Speaking of boys, what we're you doing talking to Damon?" She questioned back.

"He seems nice. We getting to know eachother because I have a feeling that you still like Stefan and he still likes you. Plus, how did you know I was talking to him?" I explained, catching her out.

"Oh. I-um...I saw Damon walking away from the car and assumed he talked to you," she lied through her teeth. I nodded, pretending to believe her before I began driving to school.

...

Since it was Halloween, the school hallways were covered in creepy and spooky decoration. I always hated Halloween, it was my least favourite holiday after valentines day and Easter. While walking through the halls, after abandoning Elena, I saw Matt at his locker and Tyler approaching him. They talked for a little bit before I got bored and went up to them.