Chapter 12: Unpleasantville

Toni's POV

Turns out a lot of things happened when I left the bar. Turns out Bree was a bitch and had called Lexi's boyfriend, who wanted to kill Damon. He had took Elena, but for some reason, had ended up deciding not to kill Damon. Then, Damon talked to Bree, who told him that if he got Emily's spell book and the spell that sealed the tomb, there would also be a reverse spell. Then, Damon being Damon, he killed Bree by ripping her heart out.

I got all of this from a text message from Damon as I woke up. Elena hadn't come home and Aunt Jenna was worried. I tried to comfort her, telling her that Elena was probably just sleeping over at a friend's house.

Elizabeth also informed me that Stefan had told Elena about her being adopted. He also told her something that I didn't know. The night of the crash, when our parents died, Stefan saved Elena, by pulling her out of the car.

Too many things were happening and I couldn't keep track of it all. Right then and there, I wanted to take Bonnie up on the rain-check on the date we had planned. But, I knew something important would happen, and I wanted to be there when it happened.

...

It was night and me and my siblings had ordered a pizza. The doorbell rang and I ran down the stairs. I opened the door, Jeremy following behind me.

"Hey. It's gonna be $22," the pizza guy informed us. Looking in my purse, I discovered it was empty and frowned. It was probably spent on alcohol in that bar from the other day.

"Elena, we need some money!" I called out to her since she was upstairs.

"Uh, here, come in. Just put it on the table," Jeremy invited and I knew this was a bad idea. Mainly, because the pizza guy had a familiar aura. He was a vampire. As per usual, I had to let things happen naturally, though. I would protect my siblings if he tried to kill them or attacked any of my friends or family.

The guy walked in, slightly smirking. Elena came down and handed him the money. I went upstairs, shutting but not licking the door behind me. My phone buzzed, so I took it put of my pocket.

Freddie bear 🐻🍺
Hey, Toni. Just wondered what you were up to?

I smirked at the message from my new friend.

Me
Just sitting on my bed doing nothing. How did the break-up go?

Freddie bear 🐻🍺
It was okay. At least I figured it out sooner rather than later.

We texted for a while, until he said he had to go and I went downstairs, stealing a slice of pizza.

...

I headed to school in the morning, driving my car. I had answered all the messages and voicemail from my friends who were voicing their concerns. I just told them all the same story I told Jenna. That I was stressed, got drunk and woke up the next day not knowing where I was.

I walked past the history teacher, seeing Mr Saltzman looking at the journal of the original Johnathan Gilbert. I guessed that Jeremy gave in his essay and the history teacher asked if he could read the journal.

I kept walking, trying to find anyone to talk to since I was bored out of my mind. It was the decade dance and it was based on the 50s. I walked outside, seeing Caroline and Elena talking to eachother, sitting on a bench. I smiled, but didn't join them, knowing that they needed some time to catch up.