Chapter 13: Children of the Damned

Toni's POV

I woke up to a lot of messages. A couple from Elena and Stefan, asking if I got home okay. The rest was from Damon and Matt. Damon telling me that Stefan was now helping him get Katherine out of the tomb, and Matt telling me that he thinks he likes Caroline and that he kissed her. I texted Matt back saying I was happy for him and that he should do what he thought was right.

Elena wasn't hope, not that she usually was anymore. She mostly stayed over-night at the Salvatore Boarding House. Most of the time, probably having sex with Stefan.

I changed into regular clothes and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I felt down. Yesterday was a low point, clearly. I got a text from Caroline telling me that Bonnie asked out a bartender at the Mystic Grill. She knew about my crush. So, there was little to no chance of her liking me back. I was also still sad about Freddie's death and was having a mental battle about whether I should've called his sister or parents.

Elena soon came home, Stefan trailing behind her. I sighed, finishing my breakfast and putting the dishes in the dishwasher. I walked up to them.

"By the way, you still haven't told us what you are," Stefan commented. I sighed.

"Well, would you like to know now?" I asked them.

"Definitely," Elena answered, nodding her head.

"Okay. So, do you remember that night where you had to bring me to the hospital because I was bleeding out?" I questioned her.

"Yeah, I do," Elena stated, sadly.

"It was because I thought I was going crazy. I could hear this voice in my head, but I couldn't understand what it was saying. In a dream I had a few days later, the owner of the voice came to me. She introduced herself as Elizabeth King. She then went on to tell me everything I know. She taught me about vampires, witches and every other supernatural creature that has ever existed. She also told me that she wanted me to help Damon to free Katherine from the tomb. I didn't question her and die as she asked, until we both discovered that if the tomb opened, vengeful vampires would also come back to life. So, Elizabeth told me that it was my choice and I could decide whether or not I helped Damon. I decided on half helping him, making sure that no one else died for whatever he was planning on doing," I started to explain to them.

"So, what are you?" Stefan asked, curious.

"I'm not exactly one thing. Turns out, I'm adopted. My birth mother was a shapeshifter and my birth father was a demon. I inherited powers off of both my birthparents, but also gained powers unique to me, considering that a demon and a shapeshifter shouldn't have been able to become pregnant," I told my sister and her boyfriend.

"Thank you fir telling us," Elena smiled. I smiled back before leaving the room.

...

Alaric's POV

After reading some bits of the journal Jeremy loaned me, I made some copies, so I could give the book back to the kid. I placed the copies in my locker before heading out of the teacher's lounge. I strolled out into the hallway before entering my classroom. Toni was right by saying that I spent too much time in here.

I sat down, putting the journal on my desk before pulling out a test, which I began marking. Hearing a strange noise, I looked up at where I thought it came from.

"Hello?" I called out, knowing that someone was there, unless I was becoming crazy and paranoid.

Anna's POV

I hid behind a wall as Jeremy's history teacher exited his classroom, leaving the journal unprotected. I used my vampire speed to speed into his classroom after the teacher walked around the corner, out of sight. I immediately spotted the old journal, picking it ip, and then speeding away.

...

Toni's POV

Apparently, Stefan found out that Ric knew about vampires and how to kill them. At least, that was what the text I got from him stated. I was bored out of my mind, wanting something to do. I walked downstairs, planning on taking to my aunt.

"My dad never approved of anyone I ever dated. Which only made me want them more, of course," I heard Damon voice from downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see Aunt Jenna sitting on the counter with a glass of eine in her hand. Damon was making food. I was surprised. Neither seemed to notice me, so I took the opportunity and left them to do whatever they were doing.

Damon's POV

"What about you?" I asked Jenna.

"There were a few guys. Logan isn't the only loser I've dated," Jenna told me.

"They ever find him? Is he still missing?" I asked her, curious.

"He's not missing. He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled, that one. Marches on his own drum," Jenna told me.

"He's a Fell. They're all snotty," Jenna insulted them. I chuckled at her. We clicked our drinks and then I started to go back to cooking.

"Helli, Elena," I greeted, even though my back was still facing her.

"Hey. Where have you been?" Jenna asked, concerned about her young niece.

Toni's POV

I sat down on the bed as my phone buzzed. I looked at it, seeing I had a message from Bonnie.

Bonnie 😘❤
Hey, Toni. I feel like we haven't talked in a while. How are you?

Me
I'm good thanks. How are you holding up with the whole witch thing?

Bonnie 😘❤
Yeah, I'm okay. My Grams is helping out a lot.

Me
Cool. Caroline told me you have a date tonight?

Bonnie 😘❤
Yeah, I do. He seems nice, but I sort of have a crush on someone right now.

I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest that made my heart clench. It was okay before, since she was going on a date with a guy, she probably wouldn't even like. Now, she had a crush.

Me
Oh, okay. Well, I've gtg. I'll see you soon.

I turned my phone off. I layed back onto the bed with a sigh, closing my eyes.

A/N

Hi guys! Sorry if this was a short chapter, but to make up for it, I'll post the next one later today.

Just to let you know, Toni's powers are:

Healing/regeneration
Supersenses (hearing, smell etc.)
Phasing/intangibility
Darkness/shadow manipulation
Telekinesis
Memory manipulation
Mentally generated objects/weapons
Shape-shifting (only animals)
Invisibility