Chapter 11: Bloodlines

Toni's POV

I was laying in my room, looking at the ceiling. I had decided that I was going to tell everyone what I was. However, I was too lazy to do it at that moment. I opened my phone for the first time since I had spent the day in the woods. I had a lot of missed calls and messages. Mostly from Jenna, wondering where I was, since I skipped school. There were a few from Elena and Jeremy and one message from Stefan. I read through Damon's messages, seeing if any of it was important.

Apparently, Damon had killed Logan Fell. However, he didn't feed him vampire blood. He also told Damon that there was another way to open the tomb. I had hoped that he didn't find out. Both of us did.

I put my phone on my nightstand, before closing my eyes, trying to find peace in the quiet. I didn't know if Jenna or Jeremy were home since I came through my window after climbing up the tree.

After a while, my phone rang. I groaned, tired after not getting any sleep. I looked at the caller ID seeing Damon's name. I reluctantly picked up.

"Toni?" Damon questioned from over the phone.

"No. Toni's not home right now. She is busy, making a plan to kill you," I stated, sarcastically.

"Hahaha very funny. Listen, I've got your sister. I found her, she crashed her car. I'm bringing her on a little road trip. Want to join?" Damon explained. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Then I realised something.

"Okay, I will. But, quick question. What color was the car she crashed?" I asked him.

"Pretty sure it was white," Damon told me and I sighed, with relief.

"Okay, text me the location and I'll be there as soon as possible," I told him, hanging up the phone. I got up, had a shower, got dressed and headed towards the school to pick up my car. After I got my car, I started driving to the adress Damon texted me.

Damon's POV

Toni hung up the phone. At least she picked up, though. I looked back at the road infront of me, texting the other Gilbert the adress. I wondered where she disappeared to for the day. From what I heard, she never skipped school.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Elena move a little and she began to groan, finally waking up. She seemed confused as she looked around my car. I looked at her as she faced me.

"Morning," I greeted, smiling.

"Where are we?" Elena asked, worried.

"In Georgia," I told her honestly.

"Georgia? No, no we're not. Seriously Damon, where are we?" She questioned not believing me. Not that I blamed her.

"Seriously, we're in Georgia," I told her, using her words against her.

"How you feeling?" I interrogated her, talking about the car crash I saw her caught in.

"I-I.." Elena started, stuttering.

"There's no broken bones. I checked," I stated.

"My car. There was a man...I hit a man. But then he got up and-- who was that?" Elena explained.

"That's what I would like to know," I commented, indicating to her that I didn't know who the man was she hit.

"Where's my phone? Okay, we really need to go back. Nobody knows where I am. Pull over. I mean it, Damon, pull over. Stop the car."

"Okay, first of all, you were so much more fun when you were asleep. Second of all, Toni knows where you are. I called her, invited her on our bonding trip." Elena looked shocked with my answer. I pulled over and we both got out of the car, me following her.