Chapter 15: A Few Good Men

Toni's POV

I was shocked when Elena filled me in on what happened. They had ended up opening the tomb, and Katherine wasn't there. Bonnie and her grandmother were there ones that preformed the spell and her grandmother had ended up dying.

I felt bad for Bonnie and talked and comforted her over the phone most of the time.

I researched as well. Not about the supernatural, but about Elena and me. I found out who Elena's birthparents were. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Turned out that our Uncle John was Elena's birth father and the dead wife of Alaric's was her birthmother.

I then looked into my heritage, and all my family was dead. My birthparents died in a fire and everyone else died of various things: old age, disease, shot in the head, shot in the chest, beheaded, burned alive etc.

I also spent more time in animal form than I did human. I would run around in the woods as a wolf one day, be playing in kitten form with Jeremy's new kitten (he called it Ash) the next. I felt comfortable as animals, and it felt better overall. I couldn't talk, but I was cute and unnoticed. Just like normal, except normally I wouldn't be cute.

I had decided that I was not going to school on the first day. I was tired and I knew that as soon as I went to school, something would happen causing more drama, causing me to be stressed, causing me to help deal with problems.

Damon was upset, since he went through all that trouble to get Katherine out and she wasn't there. I was currently in the form of a dalmatian dog, laying with my head resting on my paws as the Salvatore Boarding House.

Damon had four girls around in their underwear. Three were dancing to the music he had on, whilst he sucked the blood out of the third one. All of them had been compelled at it was an awful sight.

"How do I taste?" The girl Damon was drinking from asked. I kept my place on the couch, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop Damon. He was suffering and needed my support. Even if his coping methods were terrible.

"So much better than your friends. But, shh, don't tell them," Damon told the girl while her wound kept bleeding. I whimpered, imagining how painful that would've felt if she wasn't compelled.

The lights turned on and Stefan walked into the room. I lifted my head off of my paws, but then put it back.

"No. Buzzkill Bob," Damon groaned. I rolled my eyes internally, since I couldn't in dog form. Stefan turned the music off, approaching the four girls and vampire, who was still draining the life out of one of the girls.

"Can we talk?" Stefan asked Damon, sparing me a glance and smiling at me, before turning back to his normal expression. I spent more time at the Salvatore mansion than anywhere else. I went home sometimes, showing my aunt that I was alive. Other than that I slept at the mansion in animal form and practically lived there, since it was a nice place and Elena was always there. I ended up giving Elena my car, since I could get places quicker than a car as a cheetah or a wolf.

"Yeah," Damon agreed.

"Without the Tri-Delts," Stefan demanded.

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say infront of them and Toni," Damon stated, "They're really good at keeping secrets and Toni can't speak at the moment."

I barked at him, showing him that I could hear him. He glared at me, causing me to whimper and put my head back on my paws as an animal instinct.

...

A little while later, I was still in dog form in the same place as before. The girls joined me in sitting on the couches, and the one that sat next to me kept stroking me and scratching behind my ear, which felt amazing. I would never get over being a dog.