Chapter 10: The Turning Point

A/N

Hi people. I'm just letting you know that I will try to post once every two days, but I might be busy. If I am busy, I'll post the day after. Also this is my first book, and I'm open to criticism or feedback. Thank you all so much, you're truly amazing.

...

Toni's POV

Logan Fell was a vampire. That much I knew. I didn't know how or when he changed, but I did know that he did. He was also standing on our porch, waiting to be invited in by my aunt.

"Why are you here, Logan?" Aunt Jenna asked. She had told me that he left town, sending her an email as a goodbye.

"I missed you. I was out of town," Logan stated. Jenna sighed.

"Yeah, I got that email," Jenna told him. I suddenly had the slight suspicion that Logan didn't send it.

"You got an email?" Logan asked her, clearly appearing amused and confused.

"You didn't send an email?" Jemma asked, suddenly looking even more down than before. I felt as though this was a private matter, so I left the room and headed upstairs into my bedroom. I also knew that Jenna wouldn't invite him in (probably) and even if she did, he wouldn't kill her (probably).

I heard the door slam shut a moment later, causing me to smirk. I loved my aunt, and moments like that, made me love her even more. I climbed under the covers and went to sleep, having a meeting with Elizabeth in my dreams.

...

When I passed Jeremey's room in the morning, I saw hum reading some sort of old diary. Then I remembered Jenna telling me that she found the old Jonathan Gilbert journals, and that Jeremy was using them for an extra-credit assignment from the history teacher.

I smiled at him, before going downstairs and making two pieces of toast. While buttering my toast, I saw Jenna and Elena talking in the hall. I owed her an explanation of what I am, aswell as Bonnie, Stefan and probably even Damon. They left the house. I shrugged to myself, before pulling the jam out of the fridge and spreading it on the toast. I took a bite out of the first piece before placing it back on the plate and pouring myself a glass of OJ.

I took my breakfast into the living room, slowly eating it. I picked up the remote and turned on the TV. I turned on the Simpsons. I didn't have anything I needed to do that day, so I just sat lazily on the couch waiting for someone to text me, needing something.

Damon's POV

Me and my little brother Stefan were in the living room, having another one of our amazing, non-threatening, exciting chats (note the sarcasm). Then the doorbell rang. I figured it was probably Elena, wanting to convince Stefan to stay.

Thinking of Elena, bought me to her sister. Toni still owed everyone an explanation. I hadn't felt that much power since...ever. Not to mention, she didn't seem like a witch.

I followed Stefan towards the front door, slowly trailing behind him. When I got there, the sheriff (Liz Forbes) was standing there, in her full uniform asking for me.

"Sheriff. What a suprise," I greeted, smiling slightly. Really, I was surprised. I couldn't think of any reason why she would be at my house.

"Sorry to bother you. But we need to talk," she apologised looking at me, directly. I nodded, understanding that it had something to do with vampires. However, I knew that Stefan didn't do anything wrong and neither did I.

"Come in," I invited her. Liz came I and I closed the door behind her.

...

We walked out into the garden.