"Maya, I have invited Rudra. Would he come?" Maya's fingers froze at that question to which the staff room became quiet.

"Hey! I have ordered some special healthy yet spicy food since it's the last day of Maya before her leave start..." A sir who knew her spoke in an enthusiastic way while the others had diverted their attention to the announcement. She mouthed a 'thank you' to the sir who was in his mid-fifties. He just blinked his eyes.

~~~~~

Diving deep into his thoughts, he never knew he could hurt her. The pen which was wrapped by his fingers did no help in concentrating on his work. As he scribbled something or the other, he closed his eyes as soon as he leaned his back against the office chair.

Drifting into the past, he knew what he wanted.

"I am just ashamed of calling you, my friend! How could you even do this to me? Heh? Tell me!"

Holding his collars, she pushed him back against the wall and shouted,"  Would you have done the same thing if your sister was in my position? Oh... I forgot that you don't have one! That's why you just..."

She just trailed her voice as tears filled her eyes. He could see the tears of being betrayed flowing out of her cheeks.

"I just hate you for doing this to me Rudra!" Maya confessed and left the room exhausted. She was exhausted as anything and Rudra could see that through her slow and unsteady movements through the staircase. He saw her sitting on the staircase for a few minutes.

She wiped her tears and blew enough air out. As she got up, she looked behind to see Rudra.

"Thank you for ruining my courage and life Rudra!"

Rudra was back into his present-day as his phone rang. Wiping the tear stains on his cheeks, he picked it up and heard something which made him smile faintly.

"Yes. Thank you. I will be there.."

¤¤¤

As Rudra was about to leave, Maya entered the hall and their eyes met. Even though this used to happen often, she had no feelings for him, or rather than the anger she used to hold. She appeared as a strong and bold woman even when she needed a shoulder but .....

As Rudra noticed her face, he knew that she was tired. As he ran his eyes through her body, she felt extremely uncomfortable and took a few steady steps towards her room.

"Should -- I make --- some-- tea?" He stammered in an unsure voice to hear her reply,

"I haven't got anything when I needed." As Maya closed the room of her door, she threw her bag on the bed and laid down for a few minutes.

Yes, even though the argument had taken place, both of them were bound to live with each other as the contract wouldn't allow them to separate.  It had been 6 months it had been this way and Maya regretted living with him.

When he tried ways to rectify his mistake, Maya would shun him out saying petty excuses.

¤¤¤¤

As Maya served herself dinner, she kept the plate on the table as she didn't have a mood to eat but the kicks which surfaced her abdomen made her do so. Eating the food, she thanked Rudra as he entered the kitchen for the food.