18

Time went on slowly, it appeared to the pair as if everyone who had gotten there after them had gotten the help they needed. The antagonizing music made waiting harder, John shivered due to the hospitals cold temperature. Marc's phone kept ringing, but he ignored his phone. He held his head in his hands, John could hear his shaky breathing from what he assumed was stress. Not sure as to what to do, he sat back and kept looking around the waiting room.

     There, across the room a vase full of yellow and purple chrysanthemums. Seeing quickly that there was a pile of magazines, he walked over and brought the first two that he saw. He nudged Marc a tiny bit, he looked up and saw a single tear stream fall from his eye. John frowned a bit, but still held out the magazine for him to read. "Maybe reading for bit can help, even if it is a teens magazine." He joked lightly, Marc's frown lightened a bit and he took it, thanking John silently.

No interactions were made between the two as Marc broke down more and more. John finally spoke up, "Hey, it's going to be alright, okay?" He smiled slightly. Marc nodded and wiped the silent stream of tears from his eyes, "Hopefully." John looked back at the vase and thought about growing some for Sage, 'Shes going to love them,' he thought to himself. Thinking of her, he remembered that she was still stuck in traffic, he thought about taking his phone to check up on her but he quickly realized that Marc needed him. He needed John even if John offered nothing but a stupid teens magazine and half-heartfelt words of reassurance.

A nurse burst into a room, holding a clipboard. "People here to see, Adaliya Kelley?" They called out, Marc stood up and grabbed John's wrist, making him drop the magazine he was reading. 'Must be a family member.' John thought, relief flowing over him. He hadn't realized that he was holding his breath until they had gotten to the hallway. It was almost scary for John, he remembered the last time he'd been to a hospital. He lost his mother in a very similar setting, John followed the nurse and Marc down the hallway and towards a door, holding the door open for the pair to walk in. The room was empty, confused Marc looked back, "Shes currently in the O.R. She'll be done in about two hours or so." Marc nodded, frowning again. John walked past the two and saw an empty hospital. It gave him an uneasy feeling, but he stayed and sat back in a seat that faced towards the opposite corner of the room. Marc chatted with the nurse for a bit, and soon joined John.

He took out his phone and saw the amount missed calls he had gotten, seeing as they weren't more important than this, he figured to call everyone back later. He wondered how they found out that her name was Adaliya, however he didn't care, he just wanted her to be okay.

Your love made it well worth waiting
For someone like you