BONUS CHAPTER : Realisation.

Percy's POV

It had been about two and a half hours since they'd gotten back from Percy's swim team tryouts, and Thalia had indeed been quite helpful, bringing new insights into Luke's mind.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough yet, and she often got distracted by the guns.

After about 15 minutes, the flirting between the two girls, and Percy shuddered, as he realised he'd probably have to be a third wheel to those two for the rest of his life.

Percy texted Nico, the only other person to know about the investigation, begging him to come over and help, and he did agree to come, but said he'd be running late.

"It looks like you already have enough help, Jackson, why did you ask for me?" Percy heard Nico's voice from the door.

"NICO! Thank the gods you're here!" Percy exclaimed, running to him and hugging him. "You have no idea how much I need you right now."

"Why? I'm sure Thalia is great at this." Nico questioned.

"I don't want to be playing third wheel all day." Percy complained. Nico gave him a look, but after another set of ferocious flirting between the girls, he nodded.

"Ahh. I see what you mean." Nico said with a chuckle.

"Hey Nico!" Thalia exclaimed as she noticed him.

Percy was about to say something when Thalia's phone buzzed. She looked at it and her expression turned sad.

"Good thing you're here, Nico. Jace just texted me, I need to get back home. Sorry guys." Thalia said, hugging Reyna and whispering something into her ear, causing the other girl to blush.

Thalia shot out of the door, leaving Percy to wonder how she'd get home.

"Reyna, lift your shirt up." Nico said after Thalia had disappeared.

"What? Why?" Reyna asked, looking shocked, but Percy knew what Nico was looking for.

"Your tattoo, RJ. You two had the epitome of a deep conversation while I was swimming, surely it's changed." Percy told her.

Reyna did as she was asked, lifting up her shirt slightly, exposing her abs and her tattoo, which, unsurprisingly to Percy, had changed.

Instead of a pine tree and pinecones, there was now a golden dagger in the outline of a pine tree, the hilt was shaped like a tree trunk and the base was a pinecone.

"Oh shit." Reyna muttered