Chapter Forty One

a.n this chapter will be more of a filler.
thANK YOU SO MUCH FOR
8.4K reads, 500+votes woah :) <3 you guys are amazing!
Enjoy.

Afire Love - Ed Sheeran

"Bella..." his voice croaked.

...

"Here," Ed says as he passes a thick jersey from the trunk, "Put this on the place where he was shot. Apply as much pressure as possible."

I nodded quickly, looking down at Harry and followed Ed's clear instructions.

"Hang in there babe." I whispered as the tears came streaming down my face. He shot me a small smile which I suspect was supposed to make me feel better - or encourage me.

"Oww, fuck" he groaned in pain as I applied more pressure to his wound.

"Harry oh my god," I said shakily as bright red blood came oozing out of his mouth, "Please Harry no stay with me! Harry!"

He continued to cough up blood, I shook his head repeatedly trying to get an reaction out of him.

"Fuck drive faster Zayn will you!" I shouted out of frustration. He shot me a look.

I took a breath which felt like the first time today, as he slowly opened his eyes. So I'm sat here, with this half dying guy that I think I hate but at the same time I may be madly in love with.

I'm confused.

Confused at how, I, went from completely hating him, hoping he'd let me go.

To feeling so strong about him-he just has this effect on me. The effect that will make me forget and be oblivious to all the times that he hurt me.

But, instead of focusing on the fact that he ended my best friends life, I'm more concentrated on the emotions he gives me.

He drives me insane, but he's also the only thing keeping me sane right now.

The coughing stopped, his breathing normal. Now and then he'd black out ever so often. I just kept smacking him through the face so he'd wake up. As harsh as it may seem, it's not like he would respond if I politely asked him to keep his eyes open or else I'm going to go into a constant panic mode.

"We're here." announced Zayn as we arrived in front of the large blue building.

What an ugly color, I thought.

Ed and Zayn soon grabbed him out the car, I grabbed my bag and followed them in.

"Hi we've got someone shot," I said hastily, "in the chest. Quick! Get us a doctor someone."

I shouted in the foyer of the hospital. Some nurses stared weirdly at me. What the fuck?

Finally a team of doctors arrive and immediately put him on the stretcher, carrying him into the room.. I held his hand the entire time, whispering that everything will be okay.

"Thanks," Harry croaked as he made an attempt at holding my hand.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we are going to have to ask you to leave the room, please." the doctor said.

"Is it bad?" I asked. Scared shitless of the answer.

"We can't say," the doctor announced, "But it is a pretty deep wound. Now if you excuse me."

I didn't want to go.

But I knew that the longer I stall the doctors the less time there is to try and save Harry's life.

So I reluctantly left the room and took a seat with Ed and Zayn.

"Any news?" Ed asks.

"It's a deep wound; they can't say anything yet."

"Anyone want a coffee?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah."

"No thanks," I answered, "I don't think I'll be able to -"

"You have to at least try, B."

"Alright."I gave in.

***

We sat there for about three hours, waiting and waiting for a doctor to walk out and at least give us some beam - or fucking droplet of hope.

But nothing.

After four cups of coffee, a doctor slowly walked towards us.

He sighed, we stood up.

"And?" I answered anxiously.

He shook his head slowly, "Unfortunately Harry has not-"

"NO!"I cried out, Zayn held me. "NO! HE'S NOT GO-HARRY.." I cried out loudly in between cries. I couldn't lose another person again.

"Why?...Why Zayn?...Why," I shouted but no words came out due to this loud pang of hurt, guilt everything just sat there. In the middle of my chest.

Sitting on my lungs.

So I cried there in Zayn's arms while he stroked my hair. I could feel some of his tears falling against my forehead. Ed stood there with his head held in his hands.

"Can I see him please?" My voice croaked. The doctor nodded.

He laid there as if he was in deep slumber. His eyes were shut, his lips purplish. His skin not as cold as Braden's was though.

I sat on the chair.

"Harry," I said softly, touching his hand, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't the best person to you, but you neither were you," I laughed lightly. But the tears came again, "I'm sorry that I couldn't get the know you. I'm sure you were wonderful. I wish I could have spent the rest of my life with you. But I can't. Because now you're not he..re," my voice went away a bit, "You know the saying 'You never know what you have until it's gone.' Well, it's true. Because now I'll never know what I had. You didn't deserve this, Harry... Remember when you asked me if I'll ever trust you again? Or, if I'll ever forgive you. Well," I cleared my throat, "I...I forgive you."

I looked over at the machine. A straight line it read, but I could have sworn I saw that thing jump.

It just your imagination, I thought.

I looked at him one more time, kissed his forehead and hugged him.

I never be able to hug him again, feel his large hand with mine. How those long eyelashes of his would flutter as he revealed his bright emerald eyes..

"I forgive you." I said.

I turned around.

A loud beep caught my attention, no way.

Is this happening?!

No, it's not, stop imagining things, I reminded myself.

"Thought you could get rid of me the easily huh?" that familiar voice spoke. I turned around slowly. He had a smirk plastered on his face, that smirk, the infamous smirk I thought I'd be never be able to see again.

I didn't say anything because I was absolutely flabbergasted, except for the machine sound which showed his regular heartbeat.

I ran towards him, placed my hand on his face.

It felt like it was me and him on this whole Earth. Nothing else mattered the us.

I kissed him.

A.n awwwwwwwwwwwww i cried while writing this chapter.
Hope to enjoyed!!
Goal for next chapter :
8.5K

""