Chapter 1: The Pocket Watch Girl

Start from the beginning

My mom startled a bit at that question. "O-of course it is. It's our only choice left"

"B-but... I don't know if I'm fit for this mission. I don't even know if I'll see YOU and DAD again if I succeed!"

"Dear..." my mom replied in a low voice. And then, she approached me and hugged me tightly while showing me a more than caring and loving smile. "Your father and I will always love you... No matter what happens"

"M-mom..."

"And you don't need to worry in the slightest" my mom continued as she broke our hug only to stare at my sobbing face. "You have my MY wit and HIS guts after all, so I'm sure you will succeed and then meet us again..."

...

...

...

"...in a far better and brighter future"

...

...

...

That was it...

Right after saying those last words, my mother hugged me lovingly one last time before finally letting me go. And so, I slowly approached the giant time traveling gate with the golden pocket watch in my hand.

However, just before crossing it and disappearing from that era for good, I turned around one last time only to witness my dear mother showing me a caring smile... and making the unforgettable Fairy Tail sign with her hand, after which she was then brutally slashed to death by one of those demonic creatures as the entire world surrounding me turned white at last...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy POV

It was a bright and beautiful day at our great and newly reformed guild. After all, thanks to the more than well-deserved first place we had obtained in the Grand Magic Games a few days ago, we earned back our position as the #1 guild in all of Fiore. And also, we gained more than enough money to rebuilt our guild hall better than it had ever been.

I in particular was seated at one of the tables while enjoying a delicious drink accompanied by Erza, Wendy and Carla. And what is more, from there I could actually see many other comforting scenes all around me...

Juvia being as clingy to Gray as always...

Levy reading a book with Gajeel right next to her...

Mira serving more of our dear friends at the bar...

And also Natsu and Elfman fighting and causing a mess like usual...

Yup! Everything was back to as it was supposed to be. And I couldn't have been more glad about it.

Nonetheless, even with all the normality that was reigning over the guild at that very moment, we all still ended up startling after noticing a weird stranger barging into our main hall while showing off some brown long old robes and a hood.