{ four } from hesitation to bonds

En başından başla

Should she just do it now? No, she wanted him to be at his best. She placed the bowl she brought next to his worn out form and took a few steps back to create space between them.

"What the hell do you want?" Levi's voice was coarse and sharp, but it lacked any slight intimidation that it had when he first arrived. He glanced down at what she placed next to him. It was the same bland porridge that they were serving to the rest of the soldiers in the dining hall. Though lights out was going to be called soon. Levi just scoffed and looked away from it. His reaction made Kira sink her nail deeper into her pointer finger.

How heinous. There were multiple ways of regaining energy, and though she was made to be patient, she lacked restraint when it came to this situation. This is how weak normal people are, and how vile it was that one of them happened to be so much stronger than her. She didn't think twice when she kicked him in the head, leaving his tired body to crumble as his eyes closed. There were multiple ways of restoring energy, and she'd use either one of them to get him back to where she wanted.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kira stirred the mixture slowly, the aroma of her cooking filling the empty kitchen. She'd never eaten a meal that wasn't cooked by herself. She couldn't allow anyone to put anything in her food or drink, so she always prepared her own in order to be able to watch exactly what was going into it. The regiment had a very small patch of farmable land next to the training grounds that was left unused. Kira took that opportunity to grow beans and carrots. They were easy to maintain, as well as nutritious food.

Being in the kitchen again reminded her of school, when she cooked for everybody. She was punished a lot at first, since her skills around food were less than average, but the more she was placed in front of the stove, the more her food became more enjoyable and easier to make.

"I was always curious with how you managed to eat, even without ever reaching for food during dinner." Erwin sat down at the one small table that was in the corner of the kitchen. It sat by the door with only two chairs at either side, and was mainly used by the regiment chef. Kira would wait to cook for herself until after most people went to bed anyways, so being alone wasn't a problem. Kira continued to stir the vegetable mixture inside the pot. His footsteps were loud enough for her to hear him long before he entered the kitchen. Miche was better at sneaking than he was.

Pulling out a bowl for herself, she gently poured the vegetable stew into one of the flimsy wooden bowls and spoons that she had just thoroughly cleaned. Kira hesitantly sat down at the opposite side of the table when Erwin had gestured to the seat.

Whatever he had to say would most likely be quick, just like the other times. She placed the freshly cooked food onto the table in front of her, watching it intently from behind her hood. She'd have to throw out the rest. Though it would be wasteful, since her back was turned she couldn't see what was going on with the pot behind her.

"Are you not going to eat?" He asked, taking quick notice of how the girl didn't make a move to touch her bowl. When she didn't move he stood up, grabbing his own bowl and spoon and fixing himself a serving of the stew. He sat back down and placed the bowl down before glancing at her. "I thought it'd be better if I ate as well, therefore both of us have our hands occupied at all times." What was he doing? Clearly he noticed the tension of distrust that surrounded her, he pointed it out himself.