The scent of mac and cheese instantly assaulted my nostrils and my eyes zeroed on a white paper bag with 'DUOS' printed boldly across it.

"I ordered mac and cheese, chicken wings and nuggets, cola, milkshakes, strawberry cake, and banana tarts for desserts. Anything you dislike?" He asked.

"No. I'm starved." I said before taking a seat and carrying out the container with the mac and cheese inside.

"Come sit." I patted the space next to me, "what?" I asked when he loomed over me.

"Stand up." He simply said. I raised a brow but still obliged and stood up. He sat down right where I was sitting and as I opened my mouth he pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap.

"What are you doing?" I was startled as my face flushed. This was the first time since after I turned eighteen that I was sitting on a guy's lap. The last person to lap me was Ricco and that was some years ago.

"Cuddling while we eat." He said as he brought a spoonful of food to my mouth. My heart turned sweet as I glanced at him while we ate in silence. We neatly cleared everything in the bag before relaxing back on the couch. Well him relaxing back on the couch and me on him.

"You seem to like kids." He suddenly said.

"Yea. They're cute." I said making him pinch my waist lightly.

"Don't call other people cute." He murmured in my ear.

"Then they're adorable." I grinned. He abruptly raised me by the waist and turned me towards him so I was straddling him.

"Don't compliment other people." He said with a slight frown making me chuckle.

"Why are you so jealous?" I laughed.

"I'm not. Usually. Only when it comes to you." He said simply making me grin. I hummed as I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

He ran his hand through my hair as he quietly asked, "What do you think about Mikhail?"

"Why do you ask?" I said as I recalled the fragile little thing. I instantly felt sad again.

"Just because."

"This may sound weird since he's a baby and all but...I felt sad whenever I looked at him. He looked as if he was terrified of something and he's also so tiny for his age. I-" I felt my neck choke with emotions I didn't quite understand as I explained. His withdrawn silhouette kept flashing in my mind.

The hand running through my hair paused for a bit before continuing.

"You seem quite affected." He said and I nodded.

"I don't know why either. I just feel...upset and emotional whenever I think about him. He's so small and pitiful." I mumbled.

He lightly pushed me back and gazed at me with a contemplative and doubtful expression.

"What is it?" I asked, "You don't have to say it if you don't wanna." I added when he still looked a bit hesitant.

"Mm. It's not that. Mikhail is..." he trailed as though trying to see how to go about what he was about to say and I waited patiently for him. "Actually, he is sort of like my nephew." He finally said. I looked up at him in surprise with widened eyes.

"Your nephew? How?" I said as my imagination began to run wild.

"Emma will have your head if she knew what you were thinking." He laughed lightly making me scratch my nose in slight embarrassment.

"Then how?" I coughed out as I averted my gaze from his.

"That, the relationship between his dad and I is sort of...complicated so I can't explain it just yet." His eyes visibly turned dark as he said that. His expression was eerily calm. But endless hatred and viciousness lurked underneath.