"Sister, lady Alice, you both have returned!" Evelina's voice immediately pulled Chase out of his thoughts.

Alice smiled. A trace of nervousness could be seen in her eyes. Her cupped hands were clearly trembling. 

As Angelina's eyes remained stuck on Alice, she felt a sudden pain on her back.

When she turned to look behind her, she saw Carol and beside her was a wooden tray and a spilled cup of tea.

"Carol! Go and apologies to my sister immediately!" Evelina, in a panic manner, stood up and yelled.

"I-i... My apologies lady Angelina!" Carol got on her knees and begged for forgiveness.

"Please forgive her sister... Carol's just a little clumsy! She won't do this again! I promise! Please don't be mad sister..." Evelina pleaded. She hastily walked towards Angelina, kneeled, and wiped Angelina's now slightly wet gown.

Was this part of some plan? Was Evelina trying to appear as a pityful and weak person again? Or was it to tempt Angelina's anger to make her look like a short tempered person? Arianna wondered.

She knew Evelina was not as simple as she seemed. Her actions could not be simply overlooked. Everything must have been calculated.

Angelina sighed, forcefully put down her rising anger, and smiled.

"It's alright. I understand." Angelina waved her hand in a relaxed manner. She seemed not bothered.

"I won't let this happen again sister. I promise!" Evelina stated with determination. "Please take my sister to change. The tea was very cold... I'm afraid my sister will turn I'll...!"

"Yes young lady!" Carol bowed.

"It's best not to disturb my grandmother. Go and take lady Angelina to the side hall. I believe there's a few gowns stored there." Lady Alexandria pointed the direction.

"Yes, of course my lady." Carol then led Angelina away.

*************
"Are we there yet?" Angelina glanced around and asked Carol, who was walking in front of her.

"Just this way your grace." Carol answered politely.

This was not the way to the side hall.

They should've arrived by now if they were really headed towards the side hall.

Angelina vaguely saw a small building in the distance. It appeared to be old and unused.

She already knew this was not the direction of the side hall. But this merely confirmed it.

"Here we are your grace." Carol opened the door. Once Angelina stepped inside, she locked her in.

Angelina calmly examined her surroundings. It was much worse than she had imagined. The room was covered in dust and filled with junk.

Then she felt big hand grab her shoulders. It was a man. He was creepily staring at her.

"Heh.." Angelina couldn't stop herself from sneering. 'what an old trick...'

*************
"Where's my sister...? She's been taking such a long time..." Evelina frowned. Clearly looking worried.

"Lady Evelina, is something wrong?" Lady Alexandria asked curiously.

"No no. I'm just confused. My sister has been taking quite a while..." Evelina looked around. Angelina and Carol was nowhere in sight.

A maid that just arrived, seeing Evelina's distressed appearence, spoke. "I think I saw a silver haired young lady. Is it her?"

"Huh? Yes! Yes!" Evelina confirmed anxiously. She truly appeared like a worried elder sister. "Where is she?"

"Um... I believe she was walking towards the abandoned storage house with a man." The maid pondered. Looking unaware of the full situation.

"What!?" Evelina looked horrified.

"You..." Lady Alexandria furrowed her brows.

"Oh dear heavens..." One amongst the noble children exclaimed.

"Could it be...?" Others began to whisper in shock. Most were stunned and scared, while some couldn't wait to mock.

"I always knew she was shameless!"

"Hmph! She seemed so elegant and dignified on the outside and yet..."

"What a shame..."

"I knew she was a shameless b*tch!" Lady Sonia whispered to her friends.

"Pfft! What a disgrace! The Skyler family must be so embarrassed to have her as a daughter!"

"How dare she trick us with her pretty face! It was all a lie!"

As more complaints and mocks escaped the mouths of some, Evelina laughed in her heart. She was reveling in the humiliation Angelina was about to receive.