Chapter 15: Welcome Home

After a long journey through the forest, they finally arrive at Hartington. They stopped at the front of the big, majestic gate. John just staring at the gate with mixed feelings of worried, scared and anxious.

Elsa notice him and hold his hand. "It's gonna be fine" Elsa assures him. "Alright" John said. Danny talks to the guards and they open the gate. "Welcome home, John" said Danny. The three of them enter the kingdom.

When they walk into the castle, all people were out of their house to see who's with Danny. They are whispers when they see him. Some are positives and some are negatives. "Who are they?", "Who is that beautiful lady over there? "," He looks scary","He's handsome", then one of them said, "Is that John Lewis?!". All of them are cheering him loudly.

"See, i told you it's gonna be okay" said Elsa. John just laughing little with embarrassment being cheered on. Then he stops. His eyes are locked up on one specific house. His old house. He goes to his house. Elsa just follows him.

He get down from his horse and ties him up. He touches the front door. "I'm home" he said it slowly almost like a whisper. He enters the house. Everything was in their place nicely. The house is clean like somebody's been cleaning the house. He reminiscing all the good memories that he had in this house. He misses his beloved wife and daughter so badly.One tears slowly sliding down from his eyes to his cheeks. Elsa slowly hugs him. "It's good to be home" John said.

Danny knocks the door and slowly enters the house. "Pardon me, Sir John. I came here to deliver a message from the king. You and Elsa are invited to the castle as the special guest to tonight's royal ball at 8.30 p.m. So dress up and please don't be late" said Danny.

"Why thank you very much Sir Danny. That's very kind of you" said John sarcastically to Danny. The both laugh and Elsa just shakes her head.

"Here's some money for you and Elsa. Go buy some nice clothes for tonight. You don't want to wear that ugly ass outfit you got there" said Danny jokingly. "Fuck you Dan" replied John joking back. Then Danny leaves the house. "Looks like we gonna have to buy some clothes".

They go to a men's suit store. "Hello? Is anyone one here?" John said. Then an old woman in his 60's came out of the storage room and said "Yes? What can i do for yo-" the old woman suprise to see John. She excitedly go to John and said "Sir John Lewis! Oh how i miss you so much. Come closer! You still as handsome as before!" said the old woman while grab his cheeks together. Elsa just laugh a little seeing the adorable interaction.

"And who is this beautiful young lady? Your new wife?" said the old woman. "Ohh no no. She is my friend, Elsa. I save her before" John quickly corrects her. Elsa pouted a little when John calls her a 'friend'. "Owh. That's a shame. So, what can i do for you John?".

"I want an outfit for tonight's ball. No blazer please" said John. "Why no blazer? I think you look good on them" ask Elsa. "Im not a fan of them. It's uncomfortable" replied John.

While John is testing the clothes, the old woman talks to Elsa. "You know, in my 30 years of running this shop, this is the second time he ever buys a nice clothes. The first one is for his wedding. The first and the last ever he wears a complete suit".

"Really? How is he like before?" ask Elsa curiously. "Everybody adore him, look up to him. He's like our hero here. He save us everytime when this Kingdom is under attack. He may look scary and tough, but he's a sweet young man. He treats men a little rough to make them strong but when it comes to children , women and old folks like me, he treats us like we are his flesh and blood. After the King banished him, this kingdom is not as the same as before. Its quite and very gloomy".

"Do you believe that he's innocent?" ask Elsa. "Of course we all know. The whole kingdom knows he's innocent. He may be born with monstrous strength, but he never harm any of us except if he really have to do it"

John came out of the fitting room and ask them, "is this ok? Or is it too much?"

(This is the outfit that John tried)

Elsa looked at him with her jaw dropped. Wow. I've never seen him dress up until now. He looks very good in nice clothes. She snap herself out and said, "You look great John. Are you sure you don't want a suit? It looks better if you wear it".

"No thanks. I don't wanna drench myself with my own sweats" replied him. The old woman whispers to Elsa "And he is very stubborn. So good luck with him". Elsa just laugh hearing the statement.

John wants to pay for the clothes but she refuses. "No need John. After all you have done to us, this is nothing. Just take it as a gift". John and Elsa thanks the old woman and the go back to John's house.